Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

They’ve already said that ACA is the timeslot winner and they have no plans to drop it. They’d be mad to be so reactionary.

4 Likes

Agree with both of you but think that there won’t be a ‘clear’ winner in the first two weeks. IIRC, MAFS surged after the commitment ceremonies (refuse to call them ‘weddings’) happened last year when all the participants started living together so the same thing could play out again

1 Like

How does God Friended Me do for Seven ? Does it not rate well in the demos , as they haven’t returned it .

Or 9.27. Or 9.32 :wink:

3 Likes

It was a decent performer in the back half and did very well on 7plus. Doesn’t stand a chance against MAFS and Seven may be wanting to keep it up their sleeve for a less competitive time or if their new offerings don’t fire.

2 Likes

I was just watching ‘Stop laughing…this is serious’ on the ABC and they spent some time talking about Steve Vizards ‘Tonight Live’ which was on Channel 7 from 1990-1993.

I really wish ‘Tonight Live’ was brought back with skyline backdrop, international and local guests, opening monologues, games, audience etc!

There isn’t a huge audience at late night, however with social media, some segments and interviews can be viewed at any time and some funny or riveting segments and interviews may ‘go viral’, in doing so, it could promote Channel 7. I just really see it as a good idea if funds allowed it.

With Tonight Live & The Latest, Channel 7 really could be ‘the one to watch’ at late night!

3 Likes

I hope Seven have some alternative programming lined up for tonight and Sunday night. The cricket is close to being over.

1 Like

My guess would be Perth’s schedule tonight and Big Bash on Sunday

Saturday 26 January
07:00 PM Movie: Cool Runnings (1993)
09:00 PM Movie: Morgan (2016)
11:00 PM Hooked On The Look Rpt
11:30 PM The Goldbergs Rpt

Sunday 27 January
AEDT:
07:00 PM Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars v Brisbane
Start time: 7.15pm AEDT.
10:30 PM Movie: Why Him? (2016)

Perth
07:00 PM Sunday Night
08:30 PM Movie: Why Him? (2016)
11:00 PM My Kitchen Rules 10th Anniversary Special Rpt

4 Likes

Seven must be relived that the test match was completed in 2 & 1/2 days. They’ll now avoid having to deal with the backlash that would have come if they bumped the final session of the test to 7mate in order to accommodate MKR’s launch

4 Likes

Seven are indeed showing Cool Runnings tonight as an alternative program on the east coast.
Not really unexpected.

1 Like

Cricket sponsors will be peeved though

1 Like

I doubt Seven would be happy with the cricket finishing this early. All the advertising and sponsorship that was sold based on cricket being shown. Part of the reason that Nine used to have trouble making money out of its cricket broadcasts - early finishes due to rain and one-sided matches.

2 Likes

Of course but early finishes are going to happen from time-to-time when Australia plays a ‘weaker’ side like Sri Lanka. It’s not ideal and it’s something both Seven & Fox would rather not happen for the reasons you’ve outlined. However, the risk/possibility of it occurring is something networks who broadcast test cricket have to accept and deal with

3 Likes

Week commencing 3 February 2019

Sunday 3 February
07:00 PM My Kitchen Rules TBC
09:00 PM Big Bash League: Perth v Melbourne Stars

Monday 4 February
09:00 PM TBA
10:00 PM TBA
11:00 PM TBA
11:30 PM Botched Up Bodies S4 Ep04

Tuesday 5 February
09:00 PM The Good Doctor S2 Ep13
10:00 PM The Resident S2 Ep12
11:30 PM The Family Rpt

Wednesday 6 February
09:00 PM Undercurrent S1 Ep02
10:10 PM Criminal Minds S14 Ep08
11:10 PM TBA
11:40 PM The Family Rpt

Thursday 7 February
07:00 PM Big Bash League: Pre-Game: Hob v Melb Ren
07:30 PM Big Bash League: Hobart v Melbourne Ren
11:30 PM The Family Rpt

Friday 8 February
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM Big Bash League: Brisbane v Melbourne Stars

Saturday 9 February
07:00 PM AFL Women’s: Rnd 2: Western Bulldogs v Geelong
09:15 PM Movie: Eddie The Eagle (2016)
11:30 PM TBA

Market variations will be posted later.
I have filled in MKR at 7PM across the week, however, the guide provided has TBAs at 7:00pm and 7:30pm Mon - Wed so Seven is leaving plenty of options in case the launch week doesn’t go well.

2 Likes

Still doesn’t mean they would be relieved like you said in an earlier post…

11pm TBA - The Latest gone already?

I believe it is The Latest.

2 Likes

I said in the context of the situation I was referring to (the potential of MKR’s launch & the last session of the test clashing)

4.30PM AFLW: Collingwood v Melbourne on 7mate

I understand. But they wouldn’t be relieved it finished 2 1/2 days early. Maybe a day. Not 2 and a half.