Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Exactly - the Big Bash is an ideal time for Seven to try it out and make an assessment as to whether the late news can ‘work’ long-term

2 Likes

Having said that, they should probably start promoting the bulletin if they want viewers to know there is a bulletin after the game.

1 Like

So this must be the last week of Modern Family then , new episodes?

I think Seven social has made a mistake, a wrong promo? :thinking:

It appears to be on at various times around Australia, from 7:00pm in Perth and 9:00pm in Sydney and Melbourne.

But they literally uploaded two completely different promos, the above actually had a “7Two” logo, so a bizarre mistake?

Do you think Seven will hold MKR for mid Feb? They have Big Bash, Test Cricket and the D/N Test match in late Jan and Early Feb.

No way. Instant win to Married at First Sight. They’ll find a way to have both.

1 Like

I agree just don’t know how it is going to work especially with the D/N Test late January.

MKR on Seven
Cricket on 7mate?

They pay that much for the cricket rights to put it on 7mate? I’m not sure.

I just can’t think of any other option.

That is why i asked the question whether they would hold it off.

Perhaps they will open up MKR after the tennis and break it for the D/N Test and for some Big Bash games.

I know MAFS is huge but I have a feeling that the BBL will be quite conpetitive (even with the simulcast).

Breaking up MKR would work too so that it’s not oversaturated and can be stretched into April/May when weaker competition such ad The Voice goes to air.

3 Likes

If you look closely at the BBL schedule, it’s clear that the scheduling around that time has been done in a way to accommodate Seven’s schedule (eg; having a game follow MKR’s likely launch on Jan 28th & the Feb 1st game follows BHG’s 2019 launch)

https://twitter.com/ktrimpie/status/1019146433008549888/photo/1

2 Likes

Surely it wouldn’t launch on the 28th though because of the Day Night test which will be on day 5 at that stage.

To be fair, which previous day/night Test has looked like going to the 5th night?

True but surely it would be a risk scheduling MKR for that Tuesday.

Week commencing 23 December 2018

Sunday 23 December
07:00 PM Big Bash League: Adelaide v Melbourne Ren
10:30 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:00 PM Sunday Night

Monday 24 December
07:00 PM Big Bash League: Sydney Thunder v Sydney Sixers
11:00 PM The Goldbergs S5 Ep 13 and 14

Tuesday 25 December

07:00 PM TBA
09:00 PM TBA
11:15 PM The Jonathan Ross Show S12 Ep10

Wednesday 26 December
07:00 PM Big Bash League: Perth v Adelaide
10:30 PM Women’s Big Bash League: Perth v Brisbane

Thursday 27 December
07:00 PM Big Bash League: Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars
11:00 PM Ramsay’s Hotel Hell Rpt

Friday 28 December
07:00 PM Big Bash League: Hobart v Sydney Thunder
11:00 PM The Jonathan Ross Show S12 Ep11

Saturday 29 December
07:00 PM TBA
11:00 PM Movie: Endless Love (2014)

Market variations will be posted later.

2 Likes

True - got my dates mixed up. Seven would be hoping that the day/night test goes all the way so it (along with the 9:15pm BBL game) dents MAFS’ launch.

Having said that, my overarching point still remains - the BBL schedule has been designed in a way which accommodates Seven launching their Q1 schedule