Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Watch out for double episodes next week.

Possible Bride & Prejudice on Monday

1 Like

Very disappointed with The Blake Mysteries scheduling. They appear to be setting it up to fail. The idea that just because it worked for the ABC in that timeslot, it will work for Seven, seems ridiculous to me. The ABC audience is older overall, Seven axed A Place to Call Home because it skewed really old so now they’re saying it’s a sign of success if Blake can get all the oldies watching?

They could have done something different and given it a 7pm Sunday slot or held it until 2019. This is again appalling treatment of Australian Drama from Seven and caps off a stellar year for it. Wanted burned off in double episodes and rushed to air, 800 Words relegated to a 9.45pm final episode start time and now this.

7 Likes

Week commencing 25 November 2018

Sunday 25 November
07:00 PM All Together Now - The 100 S1 Ep08 Season Final
08:45 PM Sunday Night
09:20 PM Manhunt: Predator Couples S1 Ep06 Season Final
10:20 PM Mafia’s Greatest Hits: Joe Massino S1 Ep04
11:20 PM Criminal Confessions: Baton Rouge Rpt

Monday 26 November
07:30 PM Bride & Prejudice: The Forbidden Weddings Season 2 Final
09:00 PM God Friended Me S1 Ep04 and 05
11:00 PM Yummy Mummies x 2 S2 Ep05 and 06

Tuesday 27 November
07:30 PM Take Me Out S1 Ep08 Season Final
08:45 PM The Good Doctor S2 Ep09
09:45 PM The Resident S2 Ep08
10:45 PM Chicago Fire S6 Ep20 and 21

Wednesday 28 November
07:30 PM Emergency Call S1 Ep05
08:00 PM Border Patrol S9 Ep05
08:30 PM 9-1-1 S2 Ep09 and 10
10:30 PM Criminal Minds Rpt
11:30 PM Autopsy USA Rpt

Thursday 29 November
07:00 PM Home and Away x3
08:30 PM Orange Is The New Brown S1 Ep04
09:00 PM Movie: X-Men Apocalypse (2016)

Friday 30 November
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM The Blake Mysteries: A New Beginning: Ghost Stories
10:30 PM An Hour To Catch A Killer Rpt
11:30 PM Autopsy USA Rpt

Saturday 1 December
07:00 PM Movie: Pete’s Dragon (2016)
09:15 PM Movie: Godzilla (2014)

End of official ratings period.

1 Like

all together now is finishing at 8.45pm accoording to tv guides

They should never have replaced it with the docos on the queen. It should have had an uninterrupted run initially.

2 Likes

Big Mistake for Seven to Schedule Yummy Mummies Season 2.

However it had already dropped to 426,000 before those 2 weeks off. Doesn’t seem to be suited to Seven’s audience.

Why? Does it do any worse than other shows at 11pm?

I understand you’re upset about The Goldbergs being dropped yet again but that standard from Seven now.

1 Like

Whilst a Sunday night is usually the preferred ‘event TV’ time, a Friday night ensures essentially zero competition and it’ll probably be the top program outside news. Who knows, if a massive hit like the old, may even top the night. Lots of question marks but I’m looking forward and willing to give it a red hot go.

A couple more changes posted in above schedule including double 9-1-1

What did you think of the series on the ABC?

The Goldbergs will air a new double episode on Sunday 2nd December late night and then a single episode the following night.

The Good Doctor will air its mid season final on Tuesday 4th December, coming just hours after its American airdate.

The Resident will also air its mid season final on Tuesday 4th December.

Chicago Fire will air a double episode season final the same night, Tuesday 4th December.

Wednesday 5th December will see a triple episode of Home and Away followed by AACTA Awards.

There is also a triple episode of Home and Away on Thursday 6th December. Orange is the New Brown continues that night. Modern Family returns at 9pm.

1 Like

Do you mean episode 12?

Episode 10 airs tonight. Episode 11 airs tomorrow night

Week commencing 25th will see the season finales for All Together Now, Manhunt, Bride and Prejuidice, 911 and Take Me Out.
Week commencing 2nd December will see the finales/ mid season finals for The Good Doctor, The Resident and Chicago Fire.
If God Friended Me airs a double episode again on December 10th, that will be the mid season American finale and bring us up to date.
If they do the same with Yummy Mummies on the same night that will conclude the season.
Assuming Orange is the New Brown airs on December 13th that will be the season finale.
Emergency 000 should air wc 10th and that will be the finale as I believe only 6 episodes were made.

So really that leaves just two programs not up to date:

1. Modern Family - even with an episode playing Dec 13th that will leave 2 episodes unaired before mid season final
  2. Criminal Minds - after that episode airs this Wednesday there will be 4 episodes unaired before mid season final

The Goldbergs off air for One Week Only, Sweet, Three New Eps next week and maybe the Week After.

Seven will show the 2018 NSW Schools Spectacular sometime in December (time and date to be confirmed). The event will be held at Sydney’s Qudos Bank Arena this Friday and Saturday.

1 Like

Schedule Update

Saturday 24 November

Melbourne
10:30 pm Movie: The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (2015)

Wednesday 28 November
08:00 PM Border Security 14 Ep05

1 Like

Well they’ve only got themselves to blame. Firstly they let go of their 2nd half tentpoles, then they passed on big programming such as Takeaway and Ninja Warrior, and now they’re stuck in a hole filled with ‘love shows’.

If they want to find a big show they will need to go big and take risks (think Amazing Race, Big Brother style, or they’ll have to invest in drama and variety) in order to stay No.1.

5 Likes

That article highlights everything that is wrong with seven. They are too afraid of taking risks. They are happy to keep going with the same proven genres and jump on a bandwagon rather than taking their own calculated risks. Its quite sad really.

6 Likes