Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Season 2 of A Moveable Feast resumes this Sunday (February 4) at 5.30pm on Seven Melbourne. Co-host Ross Stevenson said on 3AW breakfast today that he and Kate Stevenson would visit Fitzroy in the episode.

4 Likes

According to Seven, the episode is really episode 6 of season 2.

2 Likes

Schedule Update

Friday 2 February
TBAs = My Kitchen Rules encore

Thursday 8 February
10:00 PM Surveillance Oz x 2

2 Likes

New?

No

3 Likes

Queensland

3 Likes

Why is the Super Bowl going to be simulcast on the main channel and 7mate on Monday? The bigger question is why is it screening at all in Australia? We DO NOT CARE about some American football game over here. It’s so sad that we are becoming more and more American these days, following these events and traditions that were based in America, not here…

2 Likes

Screening it on 7mate should have been enough.

At least having the Super Bowl shown on the main channel and 7mate ensures that everyone will get to see the game in HD! :wink:

4 Likes

Does anyone know why the MKR episode this Tuesday is scheduled to run until 9:15 rather than 9:00? It isn’t even an elimination episode!! Mind you the elimination cook-off Monday week is set to run for 2 hours…

It should also be noted that MKR will run Sun-Thu during the Winter Olympics too

It airs every year, it isn’t anything new here.

The point is it shouldn’t be screening here at all, maybe on Fox Sports or something but honestly I don’t think it should be shown on free-to-air because Aussies shouldn’t care about it. I’m sure the only things we care about are the much hyped up Super Bowl ads and the half-time show, not even the game itself!!

1 Like

The Superbowl (and even the playoffs back in the day) have been airing for at least 35 years on FTA. It’s nothing new.

Also it might be something you’ll learn once you’re out of school but not everyone likes and dislikes the same things that you do personally.

8 Likes

I know that but my point is that Australia is becoming more and more Americanised all the time, now that Halloween is getting more popular here when it was originally an American tradition and the Super Bowl is the same, even if it has been on free-to-air for 35 years. But the Super Bowl is America’s version of the AFL or NRL grand finals, right? Are they shown on free-to-air, outside of Australia?

Australia has always taken a heavy interest in English Premier League football and FA Cup which is currently broadcast live on FTA. Same with the Tour de France. Or is just American things you’re against?

The Super Bowl is a premium product which attracts curious sports fans as well as NFL die-hards. Plus there’s plenty of chances for ads to be inserted around it due to the way the game is structured.

5 Likes

The question still remains as to why Seven chooses to show Superbowl on two of their channels - they don’t even do that for the AFL grand final.

10 Likes

As well as being aired on Australian TV for at least 35 years, it’s to my understanding that all our free to air networks (that 1982 guide lists Nine as having the coverage then - the ABC, SBS and Ten have also covered the game over the years) have shown the Superbowl at some point in time.

You can’t compare even the biggest ticket sporting events in Australia to the Super Bowl which is one of the biggest annual sporting events on the planet.

But I would’ve thought that Australia’s equivalent to the Super Bowl (being predominantly held in Winter, attracting casual viewers who probably wouldn’t watch regular season games, etc.) would be the rugby league State Of Origin series, although I can see the comparisons between the AFL/NRL Grand Finals.

1 Like

They probably air it because they bought the rights…

Yep. The amount of bars/casual dining places that promote Super Bowl lunches and specials seems to grow each year.

3 Likes

I don’t care for the game, but I sometimes watch the halftime show if near a TV.

1 Like