Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Okay, but they aren’t allowed to broadcast until US, correct?

Yes. That has almost alwaysbeen the case.

There are just a few exceptions from the past I can remember: JAG and Cybil, just off the top of my head.

1 Like

The Newest Blacklist Episode does’nt Air until January 3 in the States which means Seven will Rest it until the Australian Open Tennis Ends.

I think there was an episode of Once Upon a Time too. Plus the fourth Wallace and Gromit aired here before the UK, which led to numerous news articles from over there about the episode being “leaked” after it ended up on torrent sites.

1 Like

Movies usually broadcast on 7flix, we’re really in summer mode :sleepy:

It’ll grab viewers, an all time classic, but again done to death.

1 Like

Re, yet another airing of Frozen on Seven: I think the kids were over that movie after about mid-2014!

As for the 1 trillionth repeat of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory on TV, one positive is that Sydney, Brisbane/Gold Coast & Perth will be able to watch it in HD this year (presuming that Seven actually has a remastered HD copy of the movie) but that’s about it really! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Willy Wonka thank you very much, not that Johnny Depp rubbish :expressionless:

4 Likes

Seven must show 230 episodes of H&A per year. To do so, there must be triple episodes on Wednesday & Thursday this week and the week after before the finale will air as another movie length triple episode on Monday 18 December.

I’m aware of that.
There must be a better solution to this recurring issue.

1 Like

The axe? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

An obvious solution is to make less episodes, say 200 episodes per year, giving Seven more flexibility to schedule programs on Thursdays. Given Home and Away is an in-house production, Seven can decide how many episodes it wants to make each year, even though it will make overseas broadcasters (particularly Channel 5 UK) unhappy.

1 Like

Aren’t Thursdays one of their success stories though?

You wouldn’t think so (triple episode), but it’s been averaging over 600k.

Aiding their primary share.

Probably not a good business move to upset their largest customer :thinking:

6 Likes

Seeing Neighbours is going to air year round as of next year, Seven might have to do the same with H&A to deny the former having a ‘free kick’ during Summer

2 Likes

I always thought Neighbors time off air was shorter than Home and Away’s generally.

2 Likes

Variety reports that Seven have picked up the rights for the ITV produced documentary “Prince Harry & Meghan: Truly, Madly, Deeply”.

1 Like

Neighbours had been having four weeks off over summer. From 2018 they will only take some public holidays off but have a few double episodes which should balance it out to one episode for every weekday.

2 Likes

It aired on Seven last Sunday week as a Sunday Night special.

1 Like

Channel 5 might request it so they don’t have to schedule alternative programming in the break. However, I believe they are still a few weeks behind Aussie.episodes anyway so no rush yet.

1 Like

Oops, thanks for that.