Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Love Actually is also being shown in select Village Cinemas.

3 Likes

The Rugby League World Cup final deserves to be shown on main channel in Adelaide and Perth, unless Seven programmers think it will be no match for day/night Ashes test cricket in both cities.

1 Like

Well, RLWC final will smash the Ashes in Sydney and Brisbane.

It’ll go close in Melbourne.

It should be main channel in Adelaide and Perth, but you’d expect cricket to win.

All will depend on how good RLWC final / Ashes are too.

I’m unconvinced on ‘smash’.

3 Likes

I base that off RLWC’s ratings in Sydney and Brisbane recently and considering it’s the final.

Also cricket in recent years (take last year for example - yes it wasn’t the Ashes) rate a lot lower in Sydney for some reason (many sessions less than 200k) and obviously Brisbane with lower population.

It will be some contest that’s for sure.

Didn’t you wish everyone a ‘Merry Christmas’ around this time last year?

7 Likes

0B36FEAF-583B-4094-8A1B-3ECDDF80A360

4 Likes

We’re really using our time wisely scrolling through the archives aren’t we…

1 Like

This thread is the greatest premature Christmas gift of all.

7 Likes

actually, because I know how to search, I typed your name, with merry Christmas and it was the first thing that popped up, took 20 seconds.

4 Likes

:hugs:

1 Like

Schedule Update

Sunday 26 November
08:00 PM Border Security - Australia’s Front Line
08:30 PM Movie: Love Actually (2003)

Thursday 30 November
08:30 PM Special: The Nation’s Favourite Elton John Song
Elton John talks to David Walliams about an extraordinary career. In a top 20 countdown Elton reveals how his classic songs came about, which culminates with the song that is the nation’s favourite.

2 Likes

You can run, but you can’t hide. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I take it this is the special that aired on ITV a week ago? Probably should’ve had a title change for the Australian audience.

One of those artists whose songs have been played to death on radio over the years. Used to love Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Tiny Dancer but reach for the dial to change the radio station when they get airplay these days.

Might be sick of the song but I really loved the recently released music video for Tiny Dancer produced as part of a YouTube competition earlier this year.

4 Likes

Schedule Update:

Saturday 2 December
Adelaide, Perth
07:00 PM Movie: Wild Hogs
09:00 PM Movie: Rush Hour
11:00 PM Heists That Shook The World

2 Likes

Disappointing.

Not saying that the ratings for RLWC on 7mate in those markets have been fantastic and it is against Ashes day/night (one of which is home market), but I reckon it would’ve got at least 100k+.

3 Likes

An extended promo for his latest greatest hits album Diamonds? Elton’s performance on Colbert last week was ok, but his voice is well well past his prime and it showed when he sang I’m Still Standing. He was struggling when I last saw him live in the late 1990s or early 2000s, can’t remember exactly when. The Seven special will presumably show the original music videos?

1 Like

He never sounded the same after that throat surgery he had in 1987 altered his voice. He tends to belt out songs rather than sing them these days.

2 Likes

I agree. Surely the final deserves main channel treatment everywhere, no matter what and especially if Australia are in it!!

1 Like

The two episodes per week format will have to stop with Episode 9 next week, as this episode on Tuesday night will be airing here within 12 hours of it’s debut screening in the U.S.

1 Like