Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

I was referring to the AFL season opener, Richmond v Carlton.

3 Likes

Can’t read minds. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s OK, being in Sydney you probably aren’t seeing the huge amount of AFL promos 7 is running at the moment.

I know that Seven can’t wait for the AFL to start. But their schedule until then is, well, average. Without MKR to start the year like previously, it’s just an average schedule. Im sure they’re disappointed with Holey Moley’s numbers. Don’t blame them.

Also, what’s the deal with the 2pm slots? Still a rotation of random shows airimg? Gold Coast Medics is airing i think this week

3 Likes

Have to actually be watching something on 7 to see a promo, which currently I am not, except for flicking through while channel surfing. :wink:

Given what happened with Holey Moley, Seven will be hesitant in showing Ultimate Tag (which starts soon) more than two episodes per week I think. But it also means that more old factuals will air on Tuesdays and Wednesdays which is not ideal.

Assuming Seven still shows the Big Bash next Summer, what you proposed just isn’t possible until the regular season ends (which is around the same time the AO usually ends) due to the way the competition is fixtured/scheduled.

1 Like

To be fair, I haven’t seen many either (maybe two) and I’m in an AFL market, usually I’d see heaps. Must just be one of those things where I’ve managed to miss them LOL

Schedule update

Thursday 25 February
Perth
07:00 PM Flashpoint: WA State Election: Leaders debate
07:40 PM Home And Away
08:10 PM Home And Away
08:40 PM Home And Away
09:10 PM Wife Swap Australia S01 E03
10:25 PM Busted In Bangkok S01 E05
11:25 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:55 PM Celebrity Obsessed S01 E08

3 Likes

Any news on Talking Footy or AFL Game Day returning… or has Seven Sydney completely axed them?

1 Like

They didn’t even return late last year. Have not seen or heard anything on their return.

2 Likes

Code Red update. UK factual that bombed in the ratings replaced by UK documentary!

07:30 PM Billy Connolly: It’s Been A Pleasure

A tribute to Sir Billy Connolly who recently announced his retirement from stand-up comedy. This special will look back at his illustrious comedy career.

ITV special that aired in the UK late last year. Here’s a review.

3 Likes

They did for the first two weeks. You would think a Sunday morning Footy show would be re instated.

1 Like

Yes you’re right, forgot that.

1 Like

But is it worth it? They’ve lost most of the audience to the SFS on Nine. I like for Game Day to return, but I don’t know whether they will.

It means the debut of The Pembrokeshire Murders has been pushed back to 8.50pm, according to a promo shown tonight.

2 Likes

I thought Seven was pushing to go younger

Shows like Big Brother help lower the average age of the network then all these U.K. Billy Connelly and ITV dramas push the age way back up

UK content skews ultra old

2 Likes

Why can’t Seven cater for both the young and the old?

3 Likes

Advertisers only pay for under 55s

Networks make 90% of revenue selling the young demos

2 Likes

I’m sure funeral businesses during the daytime don’t :wink:

2 Likes