Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Basil Zempilas has interviewed Ben Cousins and it will be shown as an extended special later this month. It was a “no questions off limits” interview, The Australian is reporting.

2 Likes

Wonder how much SevenWest paid Cousins for that. One day they’ll stop obsessing over him.

2 Likes

It would be very ruff.

1 Like

Schedule updated above. MKR confirmed Sun-Wed + episode titles added.

2 Likes

Schedule Update

Tonight:
Monday 2 March
10:00 PM The Latest: Seven News: Coronavirus Special
11:00 Movie: Outbreak (1995)

Tuesday 3 March
11:40 PM Proven Innocent: In Defense Of Madeline Scott S01 E11

Friday 13 March
08:30 PM Movie: Iron Man (2008)

Saturday 14 March
07:00 PM Movie: Peter Rabbit (2018) PREMIERE

Seven changed this anyway - Iron Man is now on Friday with the premiere of Peter Rabbit on Saturday.

2 Likes

Following coronavirus special :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

That means next week Australia will be up to date with the US, with only four more episodes to go in the series according to epguides.com. A double episode finale will air in the US on April 8.

Timed to coincide with the cinema release of Peter Rabbit 2 on March 19.

1 Like

@JohnsonTV Interesting, as it’s from Sony Pictures. Seven must’ve purchased these rights as a one-off. It was a big box office success (over $350 million for a kids movie) and also backed by Screen Australia.

Seven’s last deal with Sony expired a few years ago, with only a handful of cherry-picked titles still expiring. Nine since regained rights, having premiered a number of Sony films the past few years, so a good get by Seven.

So stupid. Obviously getting paid a lot of money for it and could push him back to his drug lifestyle. Why do we want/need to hear about him anyway? They already had a doco on him years ago that covered what he was and what did he do with that money?

1 Like

I’m no expert with these things but I wonder if 7 purchased it to assist with local quota or children’s quota.

1 Like

Liar - Season 2

Coming Soon

Season 2 just premiered in the UK.

2 Likes

Finally, taken so long. Enjoyed this, concluded at a cliffhanger.

I enjoy First Dates but nearly 2 and a half hours is ridiculous especially when it pushes The Latest out to 11.20, nearly midnight finish for anyone wanting to watch it.
Why not have FD on Wed and Thurs at 9? Then The Latest at 10.10 both nights?
Or follow it with Modern Family each night and The Latest at 10.40 both nights?

1 Like

Becasue more people watch First Date repeats than The Latest especially in key advertising demographics. The Latest does comparatively best when schedule later in the night.

1 Like

But First Dates rates better than Modern Family so why not put it on earlier both nights followed by MF, then The Latest.
Why waste an episode at 10.10 when they could put it on at 9 both nights?
As many have said, The Latest hasn’t had a chance to really build a following because it’s all over the place in the schedule.

1 Like

First Dates (Australia and UK versions) also have re-runs on 7flix on Monday in prime time, which have been rating well for many weeks now.

It does feel like this franchise is having a bit of overkill at the moment, especially on top of Married.

The second episode is a repeat.

It’s been given plenty of chances. Viewers who are watching First Dates first run episodes are much more likely to watch another First Date episode as a lead out. And First Dates runs for an hour so they stay on Seven past 11pm . What happens if The Latest were to finish at 10.30 - Seven would lose viewers earlier.

1 Like

Somewhat true.
While First Dates rates better and runs late, Modern Family has woeful ratings and is on at 9-10.30… a repeat of FD would surely rate better at 9 than that?
Dunno… just trying to propose improvements. Currently 7 aren’t performing well so I think they need to look at their schedule again and consider all possibilities.
Double eps of anything are a major turn off for many people.

Does it actually?

Last I saw it was in the 200k range. I think that’s woeful for 9pm.

1 Like