Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

?

Look up like 6 posts to @TV.Cynic’s post, they’ve used a 7 Excluisve rolling watermark across the footage from the doco - tacky and desperate.

1 Like

Oh yep, got it. Sorry I had the wrong context. Isn’t there another name used by MS members for that though, as to me I immediately think a network watermark in the bottom-right of the screen.

Obtrusive?

2 Likes

Unnecessary?

Always known anything like that to still be a watermark, however happy to be corrected if a more technical term is correct.

1 Like

Update:

Sunday 30 September
10:00 PM Murder Uncovered: Who Killed Leanne Holland? Rpt
11:15 PM Criminal Confessions: Carlsbad Rpt

Saturday 6 October
07:00 PM Movie: Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone (2001)

2 Likes

Is this a network premiere? When did Seven get the rights to the Harry Potter franchise?

Yes.

Just to be clear, main channel in Perth will have AFL grand final coverage from start to finish, including the post match concert. Twenty20 cricket will start on 7mate at 5pm Perth time and moves to main channel at 7pm after Seven News.

The promo for this week’s AFL GF is combined with the Women’s T20 Int’l (seen during tonight’s Brownlow) and looks terrible. Had BT and a female cricketer. I get they need to promote the cricket and especially this, but couldn’t they just have utilised GF day for that. All promos this week for Saturday should focus on their biggest ratings of the year- the GF. Tacky and corny BT promoting cricket IMO

2 Likes

Seven should only show AFL promos this week, with all other programs ignored?

1 Like

Most people are aware the grand final is on Saturday and the majority of those people are aware it’s on Seven. Any real promotion at this stage is just to puff themselves up. Not many people are going to see a GF ad and go “Hmm. Hadn’t thought of watching the grand final before but I will now”.

Significantly fewer would be aware of the women’s cricket being on.

5 Likes

I agree with @littlegezzybear that Seven should be advertising the AFL Grand Final day telecast, but I also agree with @OnAir that Seven should be promoting the Womens 20Twenty - perhaps promote it as a sports marathon starting after Sunrise Saturday morning continuing to the T20 finishing 10:00pm AEST (alter ads for other time zones) with a short break for Seven News after the AFL coverage (except WA)

I don’t think that was their point though. They were asking @Sully why.

There’s no doubt the AFL Grand Final should be promoted, you’re the only network with the rights, but at the expense of everything else seems like a shortsighted suggestion from @Sully.

1 Like

I think promoting the AFL GF in ad breaks is a waste of valuable space. The audience will tune in anyway. It’s their only live and exclusive match people can’t watch anywhere else. Better to promote the cricket or Good Doctor, all Together Now, 9-1-1, Home and Away, Orange is the New Brown, Bride and Prejudice etc.

1 Like

Just to clarify a typo from me, I meant to say all promos for Saturday should focus on the GF, save cricket promos for across that day, as that and News are the lead-ins anyway :+1: I’ll edit my original comment.

I agree that to promote just one program is shortsighted. Perhaps they should be pumping out promos of upcoming shows like they did during Seven’s Summer of Tennis (and presumably Seven’s Summer of Cricket from this year).

Assuming Take Me Out has been dropped for next week only, perhaps they should pump out adverts for that, The Good Doctor and anything else that is new or coming soon to the network. I think H&A is over promoted by the network and should be primarily advertised on 7TWO as we all know H&A Monday to Thursday on Seven and its affiliates - exactly where is has been since 1992 (around the time they axed Hinch at 7)

Regardless of the quality of the ad, I would have thought piggybacking the women’s cricket to the AFL would be a good move.

5 Likes

The Resident - Season 2

Coming Soon

THE RESIDENT is a powerful medical show focusing on a young doctor’s final years of training that rips back the curtain to reveal the truth of what really happens, both good and bad, in hospitals across the country.

The series stars Matt Czuchry (The Good Wife), Emily VanCamp (Revenge), Manish Dayal (Halt and Catch Fire), Moran Atias (24: Legacy), Merrin Dungey (Big Little Lies), Shaunette Renée Wilson (Billions), Melina Kanakaredes (CSI: NY, Providence) and Bruce Greenwood (The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, Mad Men).

1 Like

Yes, but that does’nt mean we’re still waiting for the One Thing I wanted.