Seven Network 2019

Australian Gangster is male skewing. The G documentary etc.

1 Like

That is true. More in reference to the dating shows during afl period.

2 Likes

:joy:
Can’t wait to see how they spin this after that initial timeframe…
“Number 1 in the number scale”
“Number 1 in ads on the webpage”
“Number 1 in Australia (but really only the west of the country views more than the east)”

Let the spin begin.

2 Likes

Saw a promo tonight saying Frankie Drake Mysteries are coming to 7TWO in 2019. This Canadian detective drama was not mentioned at Seven’s AllFrionts last month.

AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT

Following global ratings dominance, AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT is back to warm your heart, tickle your funny bone and knock your socks off.

Get set to be entertained as AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT joins the worldwide Got Talent revolution.

Watched by half a billion people worldwide this year alone, the Got Talent format is undisputedly the world’s most successful talent search with 71 local versions across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle-East, Africa and the Americas.

It’s the number one entertainment show in the USA and the 2018 series reached over 33 million viewers in the UK. With the show at its peak globally, it’s now Australia’s turn to join the party and witness the format’s evolution.

AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT in 2019 is guaranteed to amaze viewers with unique, brilliant, funny and mind-blowing acts from all walks of life. The weird, the wild and the wonderful will showcase their talents in front of a panel of soon-to-be announced celebrity judges and a massive live theatre audience.

Number one for fun, AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT is a show everyone knows and loves. But in 2019, it will be supercharged event-scale, feel-good entertainment like you’ve never seen before; appointment viewing for the entire family. If you think you’ve seen it all before…think again! There’ll be plenty of surprises in store with more announcements to follow.

Channel Seven’s Director of Network Programming, Angus Ross, said: “Family-friendly variety shows have always played an important role in Seven’s schedule and the timing feels right for the biggest of them all – AGT - to return home to Seven in 2019.”

Fremantle CEO Asia Pacific, Chris Oliver-Taylor, said: “The Got Talent format is a global phenomenon with audiences and its production values are without peer. We are thrilled to be partnering with Seven to bring a local version of this scale to Australian audiences. Our passionate creative team will deliver a bold and captivating series everyone will enjoy.”

Creator of the Got Talent format, Simon Cowell, said: “I am absolutely thrilled because I have always known that Australia’s Got Talent .”

A new wave of Australian talent is set to be discovered. If you’re the best at what you do and know how to thrill a crowd, AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT can make you a superstar across the country and around the world.

Got Talent makes megastars! The audition of 2017 Asia’s Got Talent winner The Sacred Riana is the number one all-time video on Facebook with 658 million views and counting. America’s Got Talent ventriloquist Darci Lynne Farmer and magician Shin Lim both went viral with their performances catapulting them to global fame. Britain’s Got Talent unearthed tenor Paul Potts , whose debut album topped the charts in 13 countries and whose story inspired the Hollywood film of the same name, starring James Corden, and Susan Boyle , who has had number one albums in over 40 countries.

In Australia, the show has unearthed extraordinary talent including opera star Mark Vincent , singer/dancer Timomatic, R&B sensation Andrew De Silva , magician extraordinaire Cosentino and dance troupe Justice Crew , who are set to compete against the world’s best in America’s Got Talent: The Champions.

AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT is open to all; no one is too old or too young to have their shot at the title. To register your audition, go to: www.australiasgottalent.com.au

1 Like

SERIOUSLY?
Does this show really need to be revived again?

8 Likes

They’ve seriously run out of ideas. Did they not see how floppy it was on Nine?

4 Likes

Totally agree with sentiments others have expressed. In terms of rebooting formats, they should have given Australian Idol a go if anything. Or Beauty and the Geek. This aired recently on Channel Nine and was a failure. It always skewed old on Seven and while there were a few good seasons, I am not convinced this will do that well.

Or even X Factor.

Expect Shane Jacobson to host and it’s likely why Little Big Shots hasn’t been announced as returning in 2019 because they’re bringing back this shit as not much else has worked for them so far.

6 Likes

Given the success of people on these kind of shows, that’s questionable

3 Likes

Yuck. Devoid of any new ideas they wheel out a failed format.

3 Likes

RIP Seven 1956-2019

I must admit to reading the media release a few times looking for the punch line before posting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The problem with both the AGT and Ten’s Dancing with the Stars reboots is it’s hard to see what will be different about either which would attract viewers to give it a 2nd look

10 would probably do a better job than Seven at reboots (Survivor being a main example). They know how to attract younger viewers (with Survivor, Bachelor, Masterchef etc.)

The Masked Singer would have been a better format to go with. Or Popstars with a focus on making a new all girl group and watching the finalists every night in a house as they transform their lives.

I think the show could do better back on 7 that it ever did on 9 - never felt like a natural fit. However… unnecessary and surely expensive commission from 7?

Not sure if I’d go that far. But if Nine play their cards right (they still need one or two more hit shows in the right places, namely in Q2), I think Seven’s decade+ long run at the top might eventually come to an end!

Yeah, but Australia’s Got Talent reached its ratings peak around the 2007-11 timeframe when it discovered acts like Mark Vincent, Justice Crew, Bonnie Anderson and a couple of others who’s names escape me right now, but they had moderate success for a brief period!

But with the format crashing and burning for Nine only a couple of years ago while “shiny floor talent” formats are currently on the wane in general, I highly doubt the general public (well OK, maybe one ex-member of these forums might) will be overly excited about the format’s return to Seven.