Seven Network 2019

Apart from the new dramas - it seems that 7 Studios are gearing up again - these all fronts are as underwhelming as nine’s.

I hope they are smart and shorten both seasons. If they don’t the franchise will die.

Surely MotoGP will be much more premium than stuff like the FINA World Championships or Presidents Cup. Who by the way, has no Australian broadcaster for next year and beyond. Maybe we will just have to wait and see if TEN will announce it next week, in regards to Rugby World Cup in Japan.

Updated info

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Seven has axed Back with the Ex, The Mentor and The Single Wives.

2 Likes

At least there’s some new drama to look forward to, even if most of it seems very female skewed.

Secret Bridesmaids’ Business
Between Two Worlds
Ms Fisher’s Modem Murder Mysteries
Australian Gangster

7 Likes

Always good to see cancer removed.

They need a bigger knife.

4 Likes

But it seems to have been replaced by more terminal illnesses.

2 Likes

Fairfax:

Underperforming reality shows Back with the Ex , The Mentor and The Single Wives have been axed, while Little Big Shots , Dance Boss , The Force and Beach Cops face an uncertain future. It’s too early for Seven to decide if it will renew Wanted , The Full Monty , All Together Now , Take Me Out , Emergency Call and Bride & Prejudice .

Isn’t Ladies Night the female version of The Full Monty?

3 Likes

Yes it is.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why they could not confirm the axing of Dance Boss.

Do they need to confirm it. The numbers speak for themselves. Better to ignore that mess of a show.

Zumbo is coming back…anything is possible if they do a deal with Netflix :upside_down_face:

They would be trying to sell that format overseas so it could all depend on overseas sales. If they announce it is axed, it will be harder to sell. Then if they do sell it somewhere, it might be worth doing another season to keep the sales going.

Have a look at Take Me Out. It’s been a flop or struggled twice in Australia but it originated here and was sold overseas. Seven might want to do the same with Dance Boss and it might become a hit in other countries…

I was surprised Seven was talking 2020 Olympics at the 2019 Up Fronts with barely a mention of cricket to seems.

2 Likes

Seems like from the tweets about the event that there was a cricket segment in the presentation. However, sport was barely mentioned (aside from the acquisition of the TDU rights) in the press releases they sent about it

In comparison, Nine spent so much focus on the tennis.

Seven can’t offer much to advertisers with the cricket as they don’t have multi platform rights.

5 Likes

I’d be surprised if they shelved season two for a full year. It would likely get a run this summer. Would be a good fit on 7mate, or at 3am on the primary channel.

5 Likes