Seven Cricket Coverage

Has Slater fallen off a cliff? Haven’t had him on BBL in ages.

Hope so (not literally but you get what I mean).

He was so deplorable on Nine but now on Seven he seems to be even crazier than before. Seven shouldn’t have signed him up IMO.

I actually enjoy him on the BBL. I don’t mind the mix of comms they have, I don’t like Fleming personally.

Phil Tufnell will not only provide special comments during Seven’s BBL coverage, he will also be part of ABC Radio’s commentary team for the two-test series between Australia and Sri Lanka alongside fellow Briton Alison Mitchell.

They’re not all bad but the ones that I don’t like are Slater, Brayshaw and Maher. Without them the coverage would be SO MUCH better.

Australia v Sri Lanka

Overhauled Aussie Test team set to light up day-night series opener

Seven’s summer of cricket continues this Thursday LIVE from The Gabba with a fresh Aussie line-up eager to reclaim the Warne-Muralitharan trophy as they take on Sri Lanka in the two-Test series.

Aussie fans will be waiting to see which of the new inclusions to the Test squad will make the final XI. Victorian 20-year-old batsman Will Pucovski , Queenslanders Matt Renshaw and Joe Burns and - fresh from two centuries against the tourists last week - Kurtis Patterson will all be vying for selection.

Led by world-class captain Dinesh Chandimal , Sri Lanka will enter the series opener boasting more pink-ball experience than the Aussies, an edge the tourists’ fierce bowling attack will aim to take advantage of as play continues well into the night.

Seven’s Brisbane Test commentary team will be:

• Hosts: Mel McLaughlin and James Brayshaw

• Ball-by-ball callers: Tim Lane, Alison Mitchell, James Brayshaw

• Expert commentators: Damien Fleming, Glenn McGrath, Greg Blewett, Phil Tufnell, Marvan Atapattu and analysis from Trent Copeland

• Reporter: Emma Davenport

TV Broadcast times on Seven:

Thursday 24 January – Monday 28 January

Sydney 1pm LIVE on Channel 7

Melbourne 1pm LIVE on Channel 7

Brisbane 12pm LIVE on Channel 7

Adelaide 12.30pm LIVE on Channel 7

Perth 10am LIVE on Channel 7

:face_vomiting:

:+1:

:-1:

I’d say Andy Maher is on the BBL tonight given he is doing his afternoon radio show on SEN from Adelaide today.

This weekend is going to be big for sport, also as Seven and Nine ramp up towards Monday night’s launches.

Seven will be hoping like crazy the team performs, there’s no rain delays and that the week and a half of tennis won’t deter viewers…

Sunday night they’ll be in trouble though, especially if we get a Rafael Nadal vs. Novak Djokovic final.

B-list commentary team on the B-list cricket broadcaster covering a B-list cricket team playing against a C-list cricket team. Ratings should be massive.

Sounds like someone is a fan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Has there been a cut to the team, no mention of Michael Slatter again. Nothing since the new year.

The Big Bash League between Perth Scorchers and Melbourne Renegades at Optus Stadium is being bumped to 7mate in ALL markets, as I have looked through the online guides in all cities. I believe that this might be due to a slight decline in ratings this season. The BBL08 is too long and a few people have lost interest during this season.

Sunday night’s BBL match between Melbourne Stars and Brisbane Heat will also be shown live on 7mate in all markets, as it overlaps with the evening session of the day/night test. It also means when Queensland, SA and NT go to the news at 6pm local time, test cricket will continue on 7TWO for the night only.
Of course, if the test finishes early, there is every chance that the BBL will shift to the main channel.

It’s another BBL, (Big Bore League) game tonight. Seven got sucked into foxtels properganda about the rights deal!

Nine/ten was telling CA don’t break the golden egg. The season is too long and crowds are bad now, what are they going to be like next week with schools back?

Come finals and will people be interested? Hobart will.

We can’t help it that all the other teams suck! Just come on board the 'Cane Train! You know you want to!

Seven already bumping coverage?? This is a complete disaster of a rights deal. CA fucked themselves and foxtel fucked everyone to get what they want.

Simulcast deals kills sports. V8 is still suffering.

Nrl and afl survive because they are the preeminent winter football codes.

Yeah, I bet that if the BBL was performing better - that match would be airing on the main channel following the MKR premiere. Would go as far as guessing that was the original plan heading into the season

According to TV Week, if the day/night test goes into fifth day next Monday (January 28), it will air on main channel until 5pm local time in all states to make way for The Chase Australia. The rest of the final day’s telecast (and the BBL match in Perth) will be on 7mate. I don’t think Cricket Australia will be happy with this arrangement.

WTF? Does Seven want good ratings or not? Since when was The Chase more important than a test series?

A total mess.