WA
07.30 AWST Women’s Big Bash League: Semi Final 7Mate
10:30 AWST Women’s Big Bash League: Semi Final Channel 7

2019 Santos Tour Down Under: Stage 5
12:00 AEDT NSW, Vic, Qld, SA on 7Mate

WA
09:00 AWST on 7Two

3 Likes

It will be an interesting battle as the night session goes head to head with Australian Open finals on the first four days of the test and potentially the season premiere of Married at First Sight on the final day.

The dinner break is 6.20-7.00. Play starts at 2pm.

1 Like

Next week’s WBBL semi-finals at Sydney’s Drummoyne Oval:
Sydney Thunder (2nd) v Brisbane Heat (3rd): 10.40am AEDT
Sydney Sixers (1st) v Melbourne Renegades (4th): 1.50pm AEDT
The highest-ranked team to advance to the final will earn the right to host the match, meaning the WBBL|04 decider will be played at either Drummoyne Oval or Brisbane’s Allan Border Field on January 26.
The semi-finals are ticketed matches, with all ticket proceeds going towards Dolly’s Dream, a charity supporting the fight against bullying.

These double headers in prime time are real shit for east coast viewers, even if it is summer, yes preaching to the choir here I know.

2 Likes

Tonight’s promo reveals the new season of My Kitchen Rules will air at 7pm on Monday, January 28 on the final day of the day/night test between Australia and Sri Lanka. The 7pm start is fine if the match finishes early or if you live in WA where the telecast finishes at 6.30pm local time. For other states and territories it means the final session will be shown on 7mate.

It is likely that perth viewers will have the 7 News at 6:30PM while the BBL match between the Perth Scorchers and Melbourne Renegades at Optus Stadium will more likely be shown on 7mate. For other states, I believe that it will be televised on Channel 7 depending on the time zone.

Why wasn’t this a Foxtel exclusive BBL game? Surly knowing that Fox grabs a few games, this would make sense for it to be on Fox instead of both networks. Another wonderful example of how poor this deal is.

THe scorchers will face Hobart hurricanes at Perth Stadium on Saturday and this game is not on FTA in HD. Instead it is exclusively on Foxtel. As a scorchers fan I am going to be robbed.

Why not just actually go to the match?

1 Like

If Perth scorchers lose this game at optus stadium, their finals chances will be over mathematically. They cannot beat hobart hurricanes.

As a Hurricanes fan I am going to be celebrating, already watch them beat the Scorchers once this season!

They’re one game behind fourth with 6 games to play. Losing a game to a team who is in the top 3 does very little!
And why don’t you just go to the game?
As for Foxtel exclusives, this is Perth’s 3rd and last Fox exclusive game. Hobart and the Thunder have 5 each that are Fox exclusives.

Also, don’t think anyone has robbed you of anything. You’re disappointed, I understand that, but you didn’t get robbed of anything.

1 Like

Hobart Hurricanes are a joke and have never EVER won a trophy.

Neither have Melbourne Stars or Melbourne Renegades and up until last year Adelaide too. Apart from the Scorchers all the other teams have only won one trophy, are they all jokes too?

Hurricanes still a game clear on the ladder despite having played 2 games less than the Renegades in second.

Whatever people say, the confusion between Fox exclusive games and simulcast games is one of the driving force behind killing the game in general. I’ve lost interest because I can’t keep up with the matches on Seven because it seems to be randomly scheduled everywhere and I also don’t have Fox.

Hopefully CA will get belted for their treatment of the game.

How much do they cost?

I just notice the fourth day of the second test between Australia and Sri Lanka is on Monday February 4, when Seven will broadcast NFL Super Bowl LIII live from Atlanta. I think Seven will keep the cricket on main channel and bump the Super Bowl to 7mate, even though the event has a substantial profile.

Yeah I didn’t consider that either. I’m a big Superbowl fan and the SD quality is going to suck majorly. Hopefully the cricket finishes early!