Seven Cricket Coverage

well during the Boxing Day test, JB kept saying he was going to be there for the Derby and wasn’t so I think that was the case.

Is Bruce McAveney doing any commentating or just special(more like generic) 7 Sport videos?

Also, do seven have access to the ‘flying fox’? It’s clear Fox don’t let them use the rover but the flying fox/spider cam is hardly new tech.

No wonder 7’s coverage feels so low rent.

Lunch break interviews.

the BBL commentary has been so inaccurate this year.

Maher just said tomorrows match is 1 v 2 no its 1 v 3. there has been more too but I cant remember what it was. I am now keeping a list.

#BRINGBACKTEN

Maher is about to come under fire

just called the Geelong Cats the pussy cats

3 Likes

Yeah he’s copping a hammering on twitter as usual.

1 Like

I know it’s so last year but…

He’s making a list.
He’s checking it twice.
Gonna check if Seven’s facts are right.
Lynton Martin is missing Ten.

3 Likes

Andy Maher is a great journo/host/boundary reporter/radio announcer, as demonstrated with BTG/Front Bar/SEN over the last near 20 years.

But unfortunately Barham got him to start calling when 10 got BBL and the rest is history :upside_down_face:

Think you’ll find that’s nothing new, nor exclusive to Maher.

Something about teacups and storms comes to mind.

Two things.
Andy worked at Ten when they had the BBL, so the coverage returning there does sweet FA.
And he’s always called them the Pussy Cats, hardly a new thing. And, like Frankie said, not exclusive to Radar.

https://www.hobarthurricanes.com.au/news/match-day-matters-friday-night-bbl-hurricanes-vs-sixers/2019-01-02
Probably got their 1v2 info from that (was true at time of publishing).
And the Hobart v Sixers game is actually a 1v4 clash, so best add whomever it was that said it was 1v3 to your list.

well it was 1 v 3 when i looked at the ladder.

Apparently Tom Cooper the “Nightly News > 7 Tasmania” sports presenter is the boundary rider for the game tonight at Blundstone Arena. Not sure if this was planned or could have been due to issues with flights into Hobart with several flights diverted to Launceston or Melbourne or delayed due to fires and strong crosswinds at Hobart Airport.

Yep, flight problems. Nobody from Seven at Hobart, they tried three times but couldn’t get there. I guess they’re in a studio in Melbourne somewhere.

Jason Richardson and Greg Blewett and Brad Hodge in the studio but apologised and had a laugh about it.

Fortunately they’ve been able to get a “Live and Free” microphone for Tom Cooper so he doesn’t need the Nightly News one!

2 Likes

Looks like Richardson et al are calling the Hurricanes-Sixers match from Seven Melbourne studios at Docklands.

2 Likes

Sounds like Lisa Sthelaker was to be there too.

Caught a glimpse of “the Richies” on Foxtel’s coverage earlier today. Did Seven acknowledge “the Richies” on their coverage or were they too precious about showing them considering many were holding dotty Nine microphones?

I was wondering this exact thing…

I did notice a video from Seven News Sydney tonight with Alex Hart talking about the Richies and they did show vision there.

1 Like

I was wondering how they’d handle all of that. Didn’t see any during the coverage but I don’t see why they wouldn’t. They did do a story during the news as @Sully mentioned which included talking to Michael Slater about working with him as well as many others from the 7 Cricket team.

I’m pretty sure last week during the rain delays they were showing footage which still had the Nine Wide World Of Sports watermark in it.

1 Like

They showed a bit today of Viv Richards, terrible YouTube quality. Fox got the archive rights didn’t they?