Seven Cricket Coverage

It’s not the Heidi game…

How would you rate Seven’s cricket coverage so far (out of 5)?

0 voters

I gave a three because I thought they have the potential, but sadly they’re only satisfied to do the bare minimum (aka passable but not memorable).

Cmo will give it 0 stars!:stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

If there was a negative score he probably would give it.

3 Likes

I think Alison Mitchell talks too much when calling, otherwise she is fab! She is good in the studio too, despite her accent, very clear and easy to follow.

Understandable given her background as a BBC Test Match Special commentator. She’s also had plenty of TV experience before with BT Sport and 9’s coverage of Women’s cricket.

7Two channel change advice

1 Like

Nice to see as well Seven having little Sheffield Shield updates on the bottom of the screen

2 Likes

James Brayshaw’s got a Seven News microphone

1 Like

Two phrases that should be banned from the Ch7 coverage:

‘It is what it is’

And starting sentences with ‘To be fair’.

To be fair to Seven, they’re pretty new at this whole cricket thing. It is what it is I suppose

8 Likes

Haha

1 Like

‘Despite her accent’… lol…

Also happened during last night’s WBBL match.

2 Likes

It’s a good innovation… if advertising can be so prevalent during play… then nice to see it in reverse… (albeit merely a score)…

5 Likes

The touch-screen is another great (though not novel) innovation… it’s a good analysis for technical boffins…

Ch7 just have the wrong person presenting it…

Trent Copeland, with his ocker, bogan, yobbo voice lacks the authenticity of a ‘technical wonk’… Australia does not have many ‘thinking person’ type cricketers (former coach John Buchanan is the only one who comes to mind).

Possibly the gig needs to go to someone from overseas… or a journalist/writer type like Gideon Haigh (though I’d doubt he’d be the right fit).

Didn’t Mark Taylor do this last year with some kind of Microsoft branded thing?

1 Like

Yes it’s certainly not novel…

Ed Cowan would be good.

6 Likes