Seven Cricket Coverage

I wasn’t aware Seven can’t show archival games, they’ve certainly been showing vision highlights.

But I don’t think that should necessarily be the approach now, it was Nine’s. If Seven can offer an alternative studio talk with good analysis and insight to pad out for 15min, 30min, 1hr then I’d prefer that than watching even some of the greatest historic footage.

A testcard would probably be more appealing than their studio talk.

3 Likes

Wait, did they say this?
Some of the studio talk is extreme padding, quite tiring IMO. 1hr of talk is too long.

1 Like

It’s bloody hard to come up with 1 hour of worthy analysis on the fly in a rain delay scenario and often comes across as padding…which it is.

4 Likes

The rain delay this morning means play will resume at 11.15am Adelaide time (11.45am AEDT) with no overs lost, with stumps at 6.15pm Adelaide time (6.45pm AEDT). Seven will be hoping test play ends on time because it could affect its coverage of WBBL tonight on 7mate (Sixers v Thunder at 7.10pm AEDT), as test cricket coverage moves to 7mate in NSW, VIC, ACT and TAS at 6pm.

I’ve always found 7Mate to be a weird channel for the WBBL. 7Two seems like a better fit.

Speaking of this, I saw a bit of yesterday’s WBBL coverage, and the turnout is so low in numbers. Has the game of BBL already been drained down the gurglers?

They can only go up to an hour overtime, so that should be ok to switch over.

It’s Saturday. Surely the cricket gets precedence over news. At least on Nine it did.

1 Like

There is also NSW Schools Spectacular tonight (plus Victorian State Schools Spectacular in VIC, TAS and NT). Pushing back the starting time of either show will make many young viewers unhappy.

Don’t think there’s too many of those. I would think cricket viewers would be even more unhappy and they’re more important than the minority who watches School Spectacular.

7 Likes

Would they though? Just go to 7mate to watch the cricket and then everyone’s happy.

As a TAS teacher, screw anything to do with CAPA. Watch the cricket. :rofl:

3 Likes

Another rain delay after the fall of Starc’s wicket means play will be extended until 6.30pm Adelaide time (7pm AEDT). It will be touch and go for 7mate, as soon as test cricket finishes it will switch immediately to Sydney for WBBL.

1 Like

Prime ran a line-up today for both Prime7 and 7mate, advertising Vic schools spectacular and then NSW schools spectacular; 7mate had WBBL and Dumb and Dumber To.

Seems like everything in schedule is as is hasn’t changed, I’d say they’ll push overtime cricket to 7mate again for news.

Noticed they’re keeping the score in the top left hand corner of the screen during the commercial breaks. Great idea.

According to ESPN Cricinfo, play is set to resume at 2.15pm. 61 overs left in the day now. Tea is scheduled for 4.25pm. Stumps will be at 7pm. (all Adelaide times)
For NSW, ACT, VIC and TAS it could mean one hour of test cricket on 7mate while news is on at 6pm, before test cricket resumes on main channel at 7pm while 7mate goes to WBBL (assuming it will start at 7.10pm as scheduled).

Which is looking like a corker for tonight.

For the first time, 7TWO will be used to show test cricket in NSW, ACT, VIC and TAS at 6pm (to be followed later by SA and QLD), with WBBL on 7mate tonight as scheduled at 7pm. So we could have an overlap of around 30 minutes between test cricket on 7TWO and WBBL on 7mate in these regions. (7TWO has repeats of Border Security: International at 6pm and Air Crash Investigations at 6.30pm)

Unfortunately you cannot stream the cricket matches on 7plus And was replaced by Endless border security international repeats. This is the same as AFL telecasts.

7Two on Prime is currently watermark-less, with just the “Live & Free” showing.

Edit: 6:22pm AEDT

Still watermark-less.

Edit 2: 7Two sport watermark on Prime finally appeared at 6:32pm AEST