Seven Cricket Coverage

6 Likes

Yeah, as expected no new graphics

1 Like

Strange to talk this shit team up as “the best in a generation”

2 Likes

6 Likes

I saw my first ad featuring Richard Roxburgh talking about the upcoming Test. To be honest, i’m not the biggest Cricket fan out there (how un-Australian of me! lol). But it got me interesting this match.

I hadnt’t realised until coming on this topic that this ads been out for a few days now. Oops! lol.

2 Likes

Did their designers have a seizure when they were aligning the text here?

Seven’s sports branding and graphics are rather inconsistent across the sports they cover. It’s gross.

4 Likes

Something irritating 7 still haven’t changed in their 5 years of broadcasting the cricket is they don’t remove the scoreboard when showing a replay or even have have ‘replay’ in the top left etc.

It’s always been something that annoyed me since they started and still haven’t been fixed/improved

5 Likes

With the 7 upfronts today, is there expectation that 7 might of won the ICC rights and will announce today?

The process started in September 2022 and paused while the local deal was being sorted and restarted mid Jan 2023. Since then no info about the Australian rights while other rights have been announced.

2 Likes

For the WTC at least maybe. It would all hinge on exclusive as to whether Nine goes for them again.

Is it with Fox Cricket or 7 exclusive?

It hasn’t been announced yet.

1 Like

Hopefully there will also be some news today on the TV rights to the 2027 Ashes series in England.

2 Likes

I would have thought that 9 would take a full step away from cricket maybe except Ashes. the 50 over world cup hasn’t been rating that good.

2 Likes

T20 WC will though, and I’m sure they’ll go for it if they can get the majority on Stan.

1 Like

According to the upfronts

Seven’s digital rights to cricket start in October 2024, with Test matches, Women’s Internationals, BBL and WBBL running on 7plus for the first time.

3 Likes

No mention of ICC tournaments

4 Likes

Seven’s coverage started for the season last night at North Sydney:

1 Like

Some caps

1 Like

Emma’s good and I’m pleased they are using her on more than just horse racing now, but not when she’s in a packed crowd and has to yell/screech to be heard, her voice is not listenable then.

2 Likes

One of the last remaining elements from the original package.

1 Like