Seven AFL Coverage

Seven Network is interested in broadcasting the AFL’s proposed seven a side competition AFLX. It would be played on the weekend before the start of the preseason, with the preseason being shortened.

3 Likes

Huge ratings for the footy last night, not surprised, absolutely deserved :clap:

Loved watching an all interstate battle!

It’d be great if we stuck to discussing the ratings posted here.

So we’re not getting confused.

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure last night was the first Friday night game (excluding Round 23 last year which was a floating fixture) featuring 2 non-Victorian teams since the early 2010’s.

2 Likes

Yep Sammy, very rare and as it turned out, a huge success :+1:

Point taken.

But at least this isn’t Cynic’s ratings thread.

Brendon Fevola who was supposed to be a guest on The Kick tonight is filling in for Mick Molloy.

3 Likes

Poor Mick :wink:

Just read a post on twitter that counted the 5000 Sydney supporters at the ground to the NSW ratings. Made me laugh.

4 Likes

News flash

Everybody on MediaSpy seems to love Twitter? :thinking:

Anyway, Seven can’t believe their luck.

2 nail biting AFL games, potentially leading the network to steal Nine’s week again!

I guess we’ll see come Monday

3 Likes

James Brayshaw will call the EJ Whitten Legends Game for Seven on Friday 1 September 2017.

7 Likes

It’s good to see that the game will be shown in the non AFL states.

I remember when Channel Nine used to cover this, we would miss out.

3 Likes

I can stand him when he’s commentating the footy unlike the cricket.

They showed it once or twice I think late night on Nine but unfortunately other years we missed out.

3 Likes

Friday 1 September

10:15 PM The Front Bar: EJ Whitten Special LIVE (Melbourne - not info on other markets yet)

An all star cast of footy greats join The Front Bar LIVE from the change rooms including special guests ‘Roaming’ Brian, Wayne Carey and Luke Darcy.

2 Likes

I notice that in the latest versions of Seven’s program guide for Melbourne that “LIVE” has been removed from the description of Thursday night’s The Front Bar.

1 Like

Maybe it’s going to be a recorded episode then?

Or maybe it’s a mistake (I know Seven’s EPG is mysteriously missing the words live/encore/new, etc. as of a few weeks ago)?

Or could it be The Front Bar on Thursday will be taped earlier in the evening and shown on delay?

1 Like

LIVE was originally marked in the schedule but was removed.

1 Like

Very odd then