Seven AFL Coverage

The ad is saying HD coverage for Southern Cross Tas… since the HD channel is 7mate still I doubt it.

The EPG for Sydney has the Friday AFLW game on 7mate SD only.

7HD is still showing as a simulcast with the main channel of “Better Homes And Gardens” from 7.30pm

Personally I won’t be losing any sleep if Seven decides to keep simulcasting Sydney’s main channel in HD and only air Friday’s AFLW game on 7mate in SD only.

It’ll probably rate about 50k at most in this market.

3 Likes

It definitely won’t do as well as the exhibition match last September did (think it was around 400,000 nationally). However, think Seven & the AFL will be happy if it does around 250,000 - 300,000 (not including whatever numbers the Fox Footy simulcasts pull)

I know you can stream the Women’s AFL life on the +7 app for free. The men’s afl will not be streamable via +7. Instead +7 will screen reruns of Border Security International. If people want to stream the match, you need to get a Live pass from Telstra to stream the match.

1 Like

Here are the broadcast times for this weekend’s AFLW matches. Adelaide viewers will get Crows v Giants simulcast on Seven, instead of Bulldogs v Dockers.

1 Like

according to The Sunday Times, The Fremantle Dockers matches will be watched on 7/Fox footy. But for the next 6 games, I’m pretty sure that they would telecast the game on FTA.

2 Likes

AFLW kicks-off tonight nationally :grinning:

Who are the commentators?

Nigel Carmody, Jason Bennett, Daisy Pearce and Patrick Dangerfield are commentators for tonight’s match, as I posted on Sunday.

1 Like

Was hoping to see the Woman’s footy in HD. Clearly not.

Andy Maher, Sam Lane and Tegan Higginbotham hosted the match tonight

Didn’t Andy Maher commentate Big Bash League cricket for Ten not so long ago? Is he working freelance like Peter Donegan and Dave Culbert?

Score graphics similar to men’s matches but the score background is same colour as AFLW (dark pink?).

Yep, don’t forget he also did Friday Front Bar (sponsored content) on Seven last year.

What gave me the irrits was the interview with Steph Chiocci’s dad was would have been a couple of metres away from the hosts but with all of them looking down the barrel of the camera. Stupid use of a split screen, just have him join the panel.

Some images from tonight (taken from 7Mate HD so MPEG2)

4 Likes

The game was on 7mate.
They didn’t have the 7mate HD watermark in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth

1 Like

7 mate in Perth,Brisbane,Sydney had been broadcasting in sd since Late December 2016

Heard on Wikipedia that 7Mate will return as HD telecast in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth during the start of AFL 2017 Season (23 Mar 2017 - Carlton v Richmond [MCG]).

Because that’s a very reliable source…

That’s about as reliable as saying “heard from my mate’s ex-girlfriend’s mother’s dog’s hairdresser’s ex-roommate’s spiritual healer’s nephew that they had a dream that it might happen”

12 Likes

Andy Maher is hosting the pre-game show with Sam Lane tonight.

1 Like