Seven AFL Coverage

How do you know he isn’t on a rolling contract? Or he hasn’t been re-signed next year? Or his contract ends on Dec 31? Or…

1 Like

Well it’s a presumption, based off an article from a few years ago, when the broadcast deal kicked-off.

It said Anthony Hudson (and others) had signed for the next 5 years.

I would like to think Ch 7 would throw lots of money at someone good :+1:

With regards to ads, I’m actually sure the AFL would push for MORE ads between goals in order to give enough time for every goal to be reviewed rather than the current 30 seconds.

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:825, topic:376, full:true”]It will not be Basil Zempilas or Brian Taylor.[/quote]I personally wouldn’t mind seeing Garry Lyon join Seven’s commentary team from next year. But unfortunately, I think it’s almost a certainty that BT will be his replacement.

Just more the same “OH BOY, BIG BOY, OH BOY! WOW WEE!! BIG BOY, OH BOY, WOW WEE!! BIG BOY OH BOY!!” :roll_eyes::expressionless:

[quote=“stmookeyj027, post:831, topic:376, full:true”]
With regards to ads, I’m actually sure the AFL would push for MORE ads between goals in order to give enough time for every goal to be reviewed rather than the current 30 seconds.
[/quote]Surely the current time limit is ample? I doubt many would be pleased if that was implemented.

1 Like

Trust me, when he starts I promptly reach for the mute button and turn on Triple M or 3AW instead. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Could James Brayshaw join Seven next year as AFL commentator? According to the Herald Sun, Brayshaw is said to have placed a call to Seven bosses, sounding out the possibility of calling football next year, with him having told friends he doesn’t expect to have a heavy cricket schedule this summer. Brayshaw has also recently relinquished his role as chairman of North Melbourne after nine years. Given he co-hosts the AFL Footy Show, it will be a big loss for Nine if he decides to jump ship.

1 Like

Please no!!! Bring back Huddo!

1 Like

James Brayshaw calling football for Seven?, I would rather have Hamish McLachlan or BT instead.

The same article also mentions Hamish McLachlan is set to replace Dennis Cometti on Friday night footy.

I agree, they need to get Huddo.

But the article also says 3AW might get Huddo!?

In the past 3 years or so (including this year) Anthony Hudson called Friday night matches for SEN, and Saturday and Sunday matches for Fox Footy. If he is to return to Seven and 3AW in 2017, the two broadcasters obviously will have to come to some sort of agreement.
Herald Sun also has some details on the 2017 fixture which will be released nex Thursday. Seven is expected to show four matches in the first round, including the season opener between Carlton and Richmond, Collingwood v Western Bulldogs on Friday, Essendon v Hawthorn on Saturday night and St Kilda v Melbourne on late Sunday afternoon (which goes head to head against Australian Formula One Grand Prix race on Ten). In Round 4, Seven will show the first ever Good Friday match on April 14, a twilight match between North Melbourne and possibly Western Bulldogs, which will be integrated into the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal.

Huddo would great acquisition if Seven were able to sign him up for the next few years.

Will be nice to see more televised primetime Bulldogs games next season (even a few Friday night blockbusters which they rightfully deserve).

[quote]Hamish McLachlan is set to replace Dennis Cometti on Friday night footy.[/quote]Hamish to replace Dennis… “Good call, Bad call?”… Bad call I’m afraid. Couldn’t they find someone else?

Mind you, could have been Basil :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::

Seven’s commentary team in 2017 if Huddo is in for Dennis
Bruce and Huddo Friday nights
BT and Darce Saturday nights
Hamish and Huddo Sunday afternoons

If tradition holds, ABC radio would have the GWS game, while 3AW and MMM would have the St Kilda v Melbourne on late Sunday afternoon (which goes head to head against Australian Formula One Grand Prix race)

That’s actually the first Saturday night game we will play since 2015. We had none this season!

If James Brayshaw ends at Seven that will definitely be the end of me listening to Sevens commentary.

2 Likes

Are they so sure that Hamish McLachlan is going to do FNF because of the rumors about Huddo? Maybe Hudo with Bruce on FNF.

[quote=“turdall, post:844, topic:376, full:true”]
If James Brayshaw ends at Seven that will definitely be the end of me listening to Sevens commentary.[/quote]Same. I can just tolerate him on Triple M, but no way could I sit through listening/seeing him on the TV coverage. Brayshaw is sooo OTT for my liking.

The AFL has announced North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs will play the first ever Good Friday match, starting at 4.20pm AEST, and is already in talks with the Royal Children’s Hospital and Seven and Fox Footy about how the game could help promote the Good Friday Appeal.

3 Likes

I really doubt there will be any new commentors added to coverage
I expect Hamish and Bruce will do Friday night footy
Saturday night unchanged
Sunday game Hamish and basil