Seven AFL Coverage

Is anything special going to be done for Dennis at the end of the GF?

According the epg in Tasmania the game isn’t being broadcast on 7mate here. Although it could be Southern Cross being slack and not updating the guide data.

Same here in Melbourne, the GF is shown on Seven and 7HD but not simulcast on 7mate. 7mate has repeats of American Pickers from 1pm to 3pm and What Went Down from 3pm to 6pm, before the AFL GF post-match. So in effect, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth are the only areas that get to see the GF coverage in HD from start (9am AEST) to finish.

1 Like

Melbourne has 7HD, 7mate is SD.

3 Likes

Great coverge today :grinning:

Historic in more ways than one, with Dennis Cometti’s final call :cry:

As far as I can tell, Sydney is getting the exact same feed of programing and ads on three channels (Seven, 7mate + HD) for the duration of the AFL Grand Final.

Are you going to push Dennis for the Gold Logie next year?

4 Likes

I watched Talking Footy and Sam McClure was the highlight of it - in more ways than one. He should be a more regular regular next year!

PS sorry for the terrible quoting skills.

1 Like

I’ll start the campaign now!

3 Likes

Has anybody got video of the farewell to Dennis Cometti?

1 Like

Seven will replay today’s AFL Grand Final in Victoria tomorrow afternoon.

1 Like

I bet that BT replaces Dennis or maybe they’d get Darcy?

i don’t no if bt would be the best option to join bruce
bt and Darcy suit Saturday night footy
being a west aussie basil unfortunately no
maybe basil takes Hamish’s hosting role and Hamish joins Bruce

I prefer BT over Darcy.

If bt does join Brice would basil join darcy for Saturday night footy

It’s all over the 7 networks social media pages.

1 Like

RE: Dennis Cometti tributes/farewells :slight_smile:

There was a tribute package prior to the pre-match entertainment.

Then there was an emotional 1min farewell between Bruce & Dennis in the commentary box (cap below), prior to the presentations, where they handed over to BT & Darce.

Basil then ended the telecast (7Mate) at 7:50pm [AEST] thanking the production team, viewers & again Dennis Cometti.

As mentioned, all on the 7AFL twitter account & multiple re-teeets + 6pm News stories.

2 Likes

I don’t get why Sandy Roberts didn’t call games when Seven won back the rights 2007. He calls games for Fox now after leaving Seven in 2013.

A Bruce and Sandy (or Huddo) combo would be great for next year’s Friday nights but unfortunately that doesn’t look like happening.

2 Likes

[quote=“Alista, post:770, topic:376, full:true”]
According the epg in Tasmania the game isn’t being broadcast on 7mate here. Although it could be Southern Cross being slack and not updating the guide data.[/quote]Was already mentioned that no HD Grand Final will be broadcast for most regional viewers, unfortunately. Such a shame as last year there was. Hopefully Southetn Cross will have their HD channel up by this time next year.

How bloody ridiculous that non-AFL states in NSW and Qld (particularly Qld as neither of their teams are playing) will receive the GF in HD but other AFL regional areas will miss out and be able to only get it in SD.

[quote=“stmookeyj027, post:766, topic:376, full:true”]
I won’t be needing to rely on TV coverage this year, I actually scored a ticket to the game itself[/quote]Same here! I scored tickets I had no idea up until Thursday arvo I’d get after a close mate couldn’t get there. I wasn’t able to make it to the GF to the team I actually support a couple years ago, but to attend my second favourite team GF with some friends was a really special occasion.