Seven AFL Coverage

Can see there being three options here (if it is determined something needs to be done in the wake of this):

1. Make all Gabba games daytime games only for the time being.
  2. Move to Carrara- the Brisbane Bears used to play home games here for their first few years.
  3. Could the Brisbane Showgrounds Stadium be an option? Not sure if it’s up to scratch or what would be involved in getting it up to scratch if not but might be a good alternative especially if the Gabba is out of action for a couple of years in preparation for 2032.
2 Likes

The OB stayed up. They have UPS and a second generator.

Running UPS with venue power as the primary.

BT was wrong.

Wasn’t the Gabba this time. 2 years ago also wasn’t the Gabba.

:joy:, cause the Gabba can control an electrical supply fault. Better charge at Energex’s headquarters on Monday to demand answers.

1 Like

Well haven’t you come out swinging this morning :joy:

I guess from BT perspective the broadcast equipment to him would have been inclusive of the computers in the box. We saw when they were back in the commentary box that a lot of the screens had a windows login screen and James Brayshaw did say that some of the screens were all coming back online. So not the actual broadcast equipment that supplies the signal, switching etc wasnt offline but more their feeds they have of the cameras etc in the box via the computers could be what they were referring to ?

2 Likes

Yes it was…are you serious?

From the information I have, last night was a power supply fault TO the ground.

Two years ago was a generator supply issue to the massive OB compound.

1 Like

Probably. But there was no “off air” disruption to the broadcast.

Never said they went off air. And it was apparent they didn’t because they were on the ground .

Seven News have just reported that the Gabbas aging infrastructure is partly to blame. This was clearly evident last night with lights exploding, Emergency lighting and back up generators failing to come online.

No backup generator will ever provide a seemless changeover when the mains supply faults.

I mean, yeah the Gabba is shit for facilities, but let’s not pretend it’s Solar / wind power at fault or even a preventable issue.

1 Like

No idea where you’re going with this…

Lexington it’s the Gabba… not 10. :joy:

Chill, they’re demolishing the bloody thing in a few years anyway.

1 Like

For obvious reasons, did these seriously not come online? I’m talking about your typical emergency lights though, not the light towers, more likely inside the venue. It’s dangerous enough, but for 2023 that’s shocking.

1 Like

Alister Nicholson and Hamish McLachlan calling the Bulldogs game for the second week in a row.

2 Likes

The venue stuff came on, the emergency backup for the match lights didn’t.

Last few minutes of the stoppage:

3 Likes

Surprised 7 used white for Saints scoreboard when they wore predominantly red

4 Likes

I reckon with the shorts included, there’s more white than red in the Saints outfit.
And as they were the ‘away’ team.

3 Likes

Is that Fox sports US with AFL rights? I did’nt know they had this.

3 Likes

Yep, and it looks like they’re applying the same aspect ratio distorting squeeze they use on NFL games to fit the ticker in. It’s subtle but it drives me batty that everyone becomes just a bit wider than they should.

1 Like

Seven will show the VFL match between Sandringham and Essendon on Sunday.

First SANFL match of the year will be Adelaide v Port Adelaide on 3pm Saturday.

3 Likes

Interesting that this is a curtain raiser to the AFL Showdown which is a Fox production, which I would’ve thought would cause issues with ground access, cameras and such.

Probably also means that 7 Adelaide will have commentators at the ground for the curtain raiser then switch to Fox’s commentary from a studio in Melbourne (actually, I think last time they had Brenton Speed in Sydney, Dermott Brereton in Melbourne and Matthew Pavlich in Perth, which seems ridiculous).

4 Likes