Seven AFL Coverage

How long has Seven been placing the Premiership logo on the scoreboard?

1 Like

who’s doing the match for seven/foxtel?

Since the graphics were ‘refreshed’ at the beginning of the season

4 Likes

7 are host broadcaster. McAvaney, Taylor, Carey and Soderstrom are calling.

Or as I kept thinking his name was once upon a time Soda Stream

I still call him Soda Stream because I am an arsehole!!

1 Like

I have one and use it often, which doesn’t help my case.

Basil didn’t call the game last night despite it being in Sydney. This year has generally done all Saturday night games.

JB filling in for Hamish on the Sunday game.

while I am not a huge fan of this type of sport I will watch it on 7mate from time to time, it was good when 7mate was still HD into NSW as I can pick up Prime Network from Wollongong into inner south west Sydney but ever since 7mate is now full time SD (which was start of the year for Tennis where Prime7 finally switched to HD) it’s hurting the game for those of us in the vast minority that watch it via FTA only.

Overall into Sydney there might be up to 5 games per week on 7mate depending on Swans or GWS game time, that said head to head on Thursday/Friday night where a Sydney team is not playing against 9HD (again FTA perspective) NRL is not good but at least it’s there as an alternative sports broadcast.

Give credit to Seven for sticking with it.

1 Like

Does anyone here know how many games Seven has under the current deal (which I believe lasts until 2022)?

I don’t know for the so called “AFL states” but into NSW right now we get

Thursday Night (when played on Thursday night if not then its Saturday twilight), Friday Night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, that said the way it works it could be up to 5 games per round.

Without complicating it as part of the push to the north the AFL + 7 have to always do Swans & GWS live, now to the complicated part, depending on what days they play for example if Swans play on Thursday, Friday or Saturday night then most likely it will be a Seven Sport feed meaning GWS games are Fox Sports feed to Seven and vice versa again depending on when GWS play.

This weekend for example we will only get 4 games
Thursday night via 7mate (so Seven Sport) Adelaide v Geelong
Friday night via 7mate (so Seven Sport) St Kilda v Carlton
Saturday night via 7mate (I assume this is Seven Sport since its there time slot for Saturday night AFL) GWS v Richmond
Sunday afternoon via 7mate (I again assume this is Seven Sport since its in there Sunday afternoon time slot) Swans v Nth Melbourne

By my calcs, it’s usually still 4 games a week into NSW.

The only occasion when it could be 5 games is if the Swans or GWS play on Saturday afternoon or twilight, which are the only time slots that doesn’t conflict with a Seven game.

If they are each at 1:30 and then 4:30 Saturday, then we don’t get the 7:30 game, so still 5 games.

Yes it depends on when Swans or GWS are playing, but most weeks its 4 games, hey sometimes we get 6 games like on Anzac day we got that match live on 7mate this year.

I asusme but with SUNS and Lions games the same applies for Seven Brisbane/7QLD and other parts of QLD via which every broadcast or broadcast method.

In any case the only people in Victoria that could see the 4 games on FTA since I think Seven only does 3 games poer week now into Victoria (is that right?) would be those on the boarder with NSW that have access to Prime Network, it can be done with a booster thay would be able to be as far as 45 to 55km deep into Victoria.

1 Like

77 of the 198 home and away matches plus the 9 finals.
This is they amount they produce. Of course, different states receive a different amount some weeks. I believe nowhere is allowed to have any more than 5 games per weekend.

NSW received 5 games Anzac Round.
Syd v Ade Fri night
GWS v Stk Sat early
NM v Haw Sun arvo
Mel v Ric Tues night
Coll v Ess Wed arvo

Yep, hmmm, ok I got that wrong, could of sworn both games on Sunday were shown, looking at the broadcast map it was only 5.

I was in Sydney at the time. Was quite annoyed the Sat night game wasn’t covered because the Giants game was covered instead.

It’s generally three games but if there’s a Thursday night or public holiday game, they’ll air four games that round

1 Like

its more like 3.5 games on average per round basis.

2 Likes

The 7 logo is purple tonight instead of red for the Maddie Riewoldt charity match coverage.