Seven AFL Coverage

As a member of the small bit in the middle - the overlap between election watching nerds and footy fans is quite narrow. Most of the public would much rather the footy.

6 Likes

The North Melbourne-Melbourne game (Saturday twilight) can move to the Sunday, with Fremantle v Collingwood (Optus Stadium) to be played on Saturday twilight.

7 obviously wanted this game scheduled on Sunday at 3.20pm so it leads directly into 6pm News for the Perth market. It also forms part of a Sunday afternoon double header on 7 with the Giants v Eagles game from 12pm WST.

3 Likes

Yeah i was hoping to work for rhe AEC on election say but the boys are playing in Ballarat!

3 Likes

This long weekend’s AFL schedule on Seven is included in a broader post on all Seven’s sport across the break. Looking forward to this week’s corrections.

4 Likes

Here’s one

It will be shown live on Fox Footy at 12.30pm SA time and replayed on Seven from 3.30pm to 6pm.
It is one of three Port matches that are shown on 3 hour delay on FTA during the home and away season.

1 Like

Strange to see the Ch 7 coverage start only 5 minutes before the bounce tonight.

3 Likes

It flows in from the Good Friday Appeal. Would no doubt anger some people if they cut away from a charity event to talk about a football match

parano1a was taking about last night’s Brisbane-Collingwood match.
I think the 7.35pm start was to capture Brisbane viewers who had been watching Home and Away.

1 Like

Not quite AFL but SANFL coverage on 7 is using the wrong colours for Port, should be black and white in SANFL

5 Likes

Good to see Seven finally using the new graphics for the SANFL. Should be back though as you stated!

2 Likes

7 Victoria will show the VFL match between Richmond and Casey on Sunday, due to start at 2:10pm.

3 Likes

The AFL schedule is included in a broader post under Seven Sport. No doubt Seven have included some errors for members to find.

1 Like

Well, they’ve forgotten to jot down the interstate Fox Footy simulcasts, on Saturday, Sunday and Monday in respective markets. Yet they managed to note them in last round’s release.

3 Likes

7 Afl Saturday night game from Optus in Perth.
7 Perth Sports Editor Ryan Daniels tells me, all the commentary team will be actually be in Perth broadcasting the game live.

7 Likes

They’ve been doing that this year. Had them a couple of times at the Gabba. Great to see

2 Likes

Is it usual for the ad break watermark to read AFL even when it is VFL like today?

3 Likes

I’m assuming when they write AFL they mean the sport. Like when it says 7cricket in the summer.

3 Likes

This Saturday’s Cats v Dockers match from Geelong will be replayed on Seven in WA at 2.30pm local time. This is one of three Fremantle matches produced by Fox Footy this year that are shown on three hour delay on FTA.

4 Likes

At least it’s being shown on FTA here in Vic…oh wait!

2 Likes