Seven AFL Coverage

Just noticed on Armchair Experts that 7 are airing different grand finals in different states, with SA getting 2004 and 1997 GF’s, and WA getting 2018 and 2016 GF’s

2 Likes

I just watched Inside the ‘G’, it was superb.

1 Like

You mean 2006? Why would WA viewers want to watch the 2016 GF?

3 Likes
1 Like

Hi guys. I was wondering about on how to stream the coverage of the 2019 AFL GF on 7Plus. Will there be alternate angles for the GF on 7Plus streaming?

Not on mobile phones and tablets.

4 Likes

It was, There’s probably another episode or two on the cutting room floor. Of course some aspects of security and the like wouldn’t be shared.

Even things like seeing the keg rooms supplying the bars would now people away

1 Like

There is a second episode of Inside the G about the Boxing Day cricket test. I think it will be shown in December closer to this year’s test against New Zealand.

4 Likes

I thought the same! But apparently not for some reason.
Screenshot%20(301) Screenshot%20(302)

1 Like

Replay of the most recent GF win

1 Like

Seven clearly didn’t give much of a stuff anyway, miles away from the fantastic overnight ‘footy marathon’ on Grand Final Eve they used to do, hosted by someone in a studio with full match replays, and lots of them.

Last was with Tim Watson around 2013 or 2014. Sandy Roberts used to as well. And they sit back with a cuppa and joke “well, if you’re still with us” (if like 3am or something).

As mentioned the other day, Footy Flashbacks disappeared too.

Maybe part of Seven’s cuts? Clearly still affecting Seven Sport / programming! (Despite new CEO saying the opposite)

3 Likes

The coverage has been poor today. Frozen screens, replays at inconvenient times and strange camera angels.

3 Likes

Only benefit was the really good quality on the HD channel of such an old game! Seemed to look better than Fox Footy’s airing of the 1989 GF an hour or two before it was on 7.

2004 and 1997 I’m sure would’ve looked very nice too on 7HD, but I’ve got those recorded from Fox Footy last week and they look great for their age.

5 Likes

This evening’s post Grand Final concert from the MCG with Dean Lewis will be streamed live on 7plus.

3 Likes

Anyone see Tim Watson or Luke Darcy during today’s coverage? Gone MIA. But I suppose with two callers, two experts and two boundary riders already occupied today, wasn’t much for them to do?

2 Likes

I think Tim was doing stuff for 7 News since he was presenting just before. Maybe Luke was on Triple M?

3 Likes

Luke did do a few interviews pre game then went over to Triple M

4 Likes

I’d be interested to know last year’s commentary team then, looks like they change it (one or two people) each year?

I remember when Seven, Ten, Foxtel and all the radio stations shared broadcast rights (and Nine) it was a cluster-fuck with commentators being changed/unavailable all the time because of the clashes.

10 mixed up their Grand Final team every year IIRC.

3 Likes

Anyone worse than BT, aka the rest of the Channel 7 commentary team except Bruce should not commentate the Grand Final IMO

Most years they did, Huddo and Quarters were my favourite combo

2 Likes

Quarters and Tim Lane’s call of the 2009 Grand Final was great, a great game at that. I also have a soft spot for Bruce and Dennis, as well as the legendary callers such as Mike Williamson, Pete Landy, Sandy Roberts and Drew Morphett.

2 Likes