SEN (Radio)

There’s not much chance of that happening either. Move on.

2 Likes

Rebels Radio will air on SEN+ in Melbourne
Waratahs Radio will air on 2SM Sydney and the Super Radio Network (and quite possibly on SEN3?)

This sounds like the content they were referring to that’d be friendly for their northern neighbours…

Get ready for 2SM and SEN3 to go hand in hand.

1 Like

From the article above:

Crocmedia will also provide live coverage of all domestic Qantas Wallabies Test matches, commencing in 2019.

That will be in competition against ABC Radio which until now provides the only radio coverage of Wallabies tests at home. One advantage SEN+ has over ABC on rugby broadcast is that SEN+ is available on analogue but ABC’s coverage is only on digital radio in Melbourne.

1 Like

Well done SEN on all these sports broadcasts. Much more entertaining than generic sport talk.

SEN had me worried at first with their “flood the market” approach, but I can now see this model working rather well.

Come on MSR. Either lift your game or dominate Classic Hits on AM in Melb & Bris.

4 Likes

What would be handy for northern markets would be for a station to call the metro first grade league and rugby matches. Great to raise the interest in local sport as it was before national comps began in the late 80’s.

Waratahs is supposedly on 1377 this week according to their online schedule but they’re not always right.

With all the rights Crocmedia are buying, is there anything that’s left for them to actually purchase in the market, and how much would they spend on countering a company that supplies it so much content?

If MSR is to go forward, surely that has to be in cooperation with SEN - not trying to actually compete? They are essentially running dead already, so being ‘SEN2’ in Melbourne isn’t likely to be much of a backwards step and would be far cheaper.

Down to the point of 2SM carrying an SEN digital station, or just that 2SM will be carrying a lot of SEN content?

2 Likes

I was actually wondering if the prospect of a full Sydney version of SEN on AM radio at some point in the future was an entirely unrealistic one.

It would come down to economics, and somehow snagging rights to an NRL game or two, and even then there’d likely be a lot of networked programming (Whateley for instance) from Melbourne.

Great suggestion. Offload MSR Melb to EON and keep MSR Syd and Bris and rebrand to SEN.

Highly doubt it’d ever happen though.

1 Like

Nick will appear on 1116 SEN breakfast every Monday morning beginning Feburary 25 and will co-host the show for a number of weeks in July, on Gerard Whateley’s mornings show on Thursdays, and SEN SA breakfast show during the year.

I was going to say something about you misspelling February but it turns out it is Crocmedia who did that!
Be interesting to see if they actually announce who is working for them calling footy or whether they just randomly drop names.

1 Like

I’ve found out that This Friday Night on SEN SA, the SANFL is Joining to thier Growing Lineup of Local Sporting Coverage with Rivals Norwood and Glenelg, What a Cracker it’ll Be.

1 Like

Noticed billboards at the Gabba last night for the Lions v Port game promoting the SEN 1116 app, spruiking crystal clear coverage of the game. Interestingly it was definitely promoting the Melbourne 1116 station, despite the game featuring a Queensland team playing a South Australian team. Maybe trying to score a few extra listeners from up north?

4 Likes

possibly some people were fooled into thinking that 4BC became SEN?

1 Like

Funny, considering MSR 882 was taking the SEN call.

Maybe that was what the ‘crystal clear’ line was aimed at - why listen on AM radio when you can get it digitally streaming?

2 Likes

If you are at the game the AM would be live as you are watching but the stream would be delayed?

2 Likes