SEN (Radio)

Wonder if he was successful with News’ latest redundancy round?

Don’t know if anyone else has tuned in to this but Gerard Whateley has been on-air since 10am eastern. At first, it appeared like he was simply doing a special Friday edition of his program but it has morphed into rolling coverage of the coronavirus’ impact on sport - it seems like the current plan is he’ll be on-air until 6pm.

1 Like

Is Dwayne Russell having a day off?

Bloody Disgrace that Sunday’s NRL Nation coverage of Storm and Sea Eagles is’nt on Magic because of Cricket, Why can’t SEN broadcast the Match on 1377 or One of their Digital Channels SEN2 or SEN3?

Pacific Star are in trouble, it appears. If they haven’t already completed the purchase of the Bunbury commercial radio licence, I wonder if they will pull out.

2 Likes

Given most of their business is sport, and they’re essentially dependent on the AFL season being held, I have a feeling this is not going to end well

2 Likes

Hope so. Give Bunbury to 9Radio who could run Magic 621 interspersed with 6PR talkback. Or maybe Grant Broadcasters.

1 Like

Nine are trying to shed money, Grants only seem to make profitable purchases now (Hot Tomato). Unless Capital/Grants buy in as a JV and network all except breakfast from 6iX

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 6iX Perth

Pacific Star shares are suspended from the ASX for another two weeks. The press release has the wrong date - it should state Friday, 3 April 2020.

2 Likes

Is there a difference between a trading halt and a trading suspension?

Pacific Star Network has asked the ASX for a 2-week extension to its trading halt.

Source: Radioinfo

1 Like

SEN Track launched on 1377 in Melbourne but also broadcasting in Perth (657 AM) and Wollongong (1575 AM).

Where did 657 and 1575 come from?

I wonder if SEN Track will be here to stay even after COVID-19 with perhaps some overflow sports content. It will certainly appease those unhappy with 1116 and 1377 previously simulcasting for long periods.

2 Likes

I believe both are HPON licences.

1575 was formerly 2 Double O (now i98FM)

1 Like

Two of the narrowcast licenses Crocmedia bought in July last year.

It was mentioned when SEN Track was announced that Crocmedia plans to launch a national racing service later this year so the stations currently being used will probably be part of that

Well now I’m just angry there’s two commercial licenses being used in Melbourne on narrowcast content, especially as RSN already carry so many extra stations on digital to be able to cover lots of different racing.

I get its usefulness as a way for SEN to get the most legally allowable level of SEN into as many markets as possible, but I don’t think there’s a need for it long term into Melbourne - hopefully the rumblings about a tie up between RSN and SEN are true and SEN Track can merge with RSN and free up 1377 for different content.

4 Likes

Pacific Star Network has asked the ASX for another 2-week extension to its trading halt.

Source: Radioinfo

2 Likes