Schapelle Corby Returns

Mitchell isn’t interested yet he’s talking about.

[quote]“Who cares!?” – Neil Mitchell slams media’s coverage of Schapelle Corby

http://www.3aw.com.au/who-cares-neil-mitchell-slams-medias-coverage-of-schapelle-corby/[/quote]

Child: Who’s that person on the TV with all the media following her?

Parent: She’s a convicted drug smuggler.

Child: But isn’t that meant to be a bad thing??

Stefanovic says he’s not interested in Corby, Wilkinson and Koch are lapping it up.

2 Likes

Rather hypocritical rant when the Today and the Nine Network have saturation coverage of the return of Schapelle Corby. Trying to have it both ways, doesn’t seem to be genuine.

12 Likes

I guess the thing is though she has maintained her innocence. So yes it is a bad thing but I would hope that a parent would educate their child on the difference between the Australian justice system and the Indonesian one. Would she have been convicted in Australia? Possibly not.

I’m not sure shutting down a 200+ post thread discussing the aforementioned ‘blow by blow’ coverage blow by blow would really send much of a message to be honest.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I think credit should go out to the ABC and SBS (and maybe Ten?) for keeping coverage of her return well balanced and in perspective. Unlike Nine and Seven, those news outlets and countless others have actually acknowledged the existence of non-Corby related news in the past week.

The shitty thing is, the media gets criticised so much and has the perception of being sensational and ignorant of the real issues. Then, when they pull shit like this, it becomes clear that maybe the press is shooting itself in the foot. The short term rush for ratings glory is killing their longterm credibility and relevance.

7 Likes

Media Watch provided good coverage of this tonight. Worth a look if you missed it. Transcript:

The Schapelle Corby media circus

The Nine News promo was played in full and the reaction

"Yes, 12 and a half hours of breathless coverage. But exclusive access? - my eye. "

5 Likes

A local paparazzo fell off a wall and Seven’s Ashlea Brown was literally strapped to the back of a ute trailing Corby out of Indonesia. Journalism TO THE EXTREME!!!

2 Likes

Looks like the security bloke dressed up as a Tradie and probably left the airport in a Toyota Hilux with everyone in the back.

She could be anywhere. Top job to the security detail.

1 Like

This is the hope of some:

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q= bachelorette+Schapelle

Australian Survivor: Bali next year?

1 Like

Are you joking?!? Ten’s shares will be up the roof

I’d lean more towards her or her sister popping up on I’m A Celeb.

I must admit, I have found her mockery of the media via Instagram absolutely hilarious. The late night post of footage of her watching a helicopter chasing black vans all over Brisbane was priceless. The security guy is worth his weight in gold.

3 Likes

Schapelle Corby’s sister Mercedes will be speaking with Kyle & Jackie O at 8am tomorrow on KIIS 1065.

She would probably get a fair edit if she was on that. However, would she get a visa to enter and work in South Africa? I’m not exactly sure how it all works.

So edgy.

Must be easy not having to put any effort into your TV show and instead just rip off others. I’m thinking The Feed, The Weekly with Charlie Pickering, and Ten News

As opposed to the news, which doesn’t come up with any unique content

3 Likes

Article with comments from the Seven, Nine, Ten insiders that they aren’t going to pay for her.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/media-draw-line-in-paying-schapelle-corby-for-an-interview/news-story/4380bcd8ab6318be68fc50eb98d5b3bc

1 Like