Schapelle Corby Returns

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that it’ll be good to see Media Watch give this coverage a much deserved grilling!

13 Likes

:+1:

There’s one other show that will probably have a field day with it:

5 Likes

Her security has totally outwitted the media at every turn. Quite brilliantly done, starting with the posted boarding pass for Virgin, only to travel on another flight. Then to leave Brisbane Airport through an exit not guarded by media with the media contingent only realising she was gone when told by the rep who was reading the family statement. Multiple cars in a convoy that split (straight out of a movie); with Schapelle’s car most likely travelling to the city via the Airport Link tunnel - so no helicopter coverage to a hotel with an underground entrance.

PS So much for Nine’s “Every step of the way”; they’re not even sure where she is :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

And do the viewers actually care anyway? I think they are the last ones to be considered in this stupid battle of the networks.

6 Likes

Judging by the reactions on Twitter and a few threads on Reddit, more people cared that Despicable Me was interrupted.

9 Likes

MediaSpy - watching so others don’t have to :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Kinda sad how this thread has almost as many replies as the 2016 USA Election thread…

3 Likes

Sydney & National coverage from last night:

4 Likes

The complete disregard to any media attention would surely point toward a deal being done with them and a network. That network going to extreme lengths to avoid sighting, note the quote from Mercedes in the car on the instagram 'that’s a big one (Ch9 camera), the light can see through. They seemed quite worried about the camera getting a shot.

Quite simply what on earth is she doing alone in a hotel in the middle of Brisbane.

I wonder where Mel Doyle is today?

Rumours Nine has done a deal.

[quote]But on Sunday, there were reports that Nine had set up an interview with Corby who has not been seen since she landed.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/family-can-tell-schapelle-story-lawyer/news-story/7cfd1f66361f0588cecbceb11e544aa0
[/quote]

1 Like

Whoever masterminded her return to Aus did an outstanding job. They made an absolute mockery of the media and continue to.

If she is indeed at the Sofitel then it is highly likely she has done a deal with a network. It’s not like she would be rolling in cash at the moment so someone is picking up the bill.

4 Likes

It seems that the media seem to latch on to a particular description of something and it keeps getting repeated. After the last few days I’ve heard a few phrases I hope to not have to hear again for a while.

Tropical paradise, convicted drug smuggler, media scrum, media pack, wild goose chase, cat and mouse game, whisked away, chaotic scenes, respect family’s privacy, served her time, a free woman, notorious Kerobokan prison.

:smiley:

7 Likes

It’s a shame the media refuse to do this. Move on. The story is over.

12 Likes

Guaranteed you will hear that again.

Its a real shame because the general public don’t really care. It is only the minority that do. I doubt a TV exclusive would rate that well with her anyway.

The most cringeworthy story of 2017

2 Likes

Bitter man on ABC Radio Brisbane during the news wondering who paid for Corby’s “cynical” return home. The man questioned how dare she accept an offer to get her to Australia and out of the airport without being pecked to death by commercial TV journalists.

Five minutes later Craig Zonca took a listener poll and an overwhelming majority voted for the breakfast program to be a Corby-coverage-free zone.

Yeah can we close this thread down just as an FU to the quarters of the media that think this is a story and deserves blow by blow accounts? Seriously, I haven’t seen this much coverage for wars and dying children.

1 Like

A number of similar negative articles started to appear on news.com yesterday. Who paid for the security, how could she afford a business class ticket or hotel room at the Sofitel were the main focus. Most seemed to me to be sour grapes for having been outwitted by the security company.