Russia Ukraine conflict - Coverage Discussion

Won’t they get in the shit for that?

Interesting move with CNN international broadcasting on Foxtel

1 Like

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: International Politics (non-USA)

I doubt Nine would be stupid enough to re-stream CNN without consent / agreement

3 Likes

I’ve noticed there’s barely any feed variations with CNN International and CNN US due to the pandemic?

Jesus. Not sure… mmmm actually, I don’t know what to say. How could you possibly be in agreement with Russia?

And RT is currently just a government propaganda outlet. There’s different views; they’re just all the governments.

10 Likes

I don’t mean the stream itself I mean the fact that it has us ads not Australian ones.

nine Prob does not have permission to sell ads In cnn’s content online

Also don’t think there is laws about foreign ads streaming online?

1 Like

US CNN on 9Now

1 Like

Nine have had a fairly close relationship with CNN for a long time now so it doesn’t surprise me they’ve been able to arrange this. Can’t imagine licensing would be an issue given Nine (and Seven) have been able to access CNN coverage for other things such as presidential elections.

3 Likes

Nine used CNN for the US Presidential election a few years back so this isn’t new for them.

2 Likes

No ticker on the CNN-I feed.

2 Likes

As well as CNN-I showing European times instead of US times.

Sky News International covers up their clock and I think also FTSE info.

1 Like

I now remember how whack American ads are now… thanks CNN/Nine :joy:

4 Likes

Oh also CNN International breaks in to the feed to bring live EU, NATO or Russian pressers.

(I’m a sad person that’s had CNN-I on for 3 days straight)

3 Likes

They’ll probably be more in sync now with this conflict, but CNNI still breaks away from CNN US quite a bit throughout the day, even during the pandemic. Can be quite annoying because a lot of it is documentary or focus style programming with no current news.

For discussing which team you’re backing in this conflict: Russia and Ukraine Conflict

4 Likes
2 Likes

Not all of us “back” a team though. All good, I know it’s just your way of a segue.

CNNI doesn’t tend to replace the US primetime (east coast) lineup - everything outside that seems to be fair game.

1 Like