Drag Race Down Under

I don’t hold much hope for this after season 1. Hope im wrong though.

1 Like

Ru needs to learn how to take a break. The latest US All Stars (all winners) season ends tonight, so they are launching this the very next night. It is complete overkill. I also have low expectations after last season.

To be fair to Ru, what other shows do we get every version from around the world on one streaming service?

There aren’t many shows where different versions from around the world are watched by fans… maybe Survivor. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Completely agree. Not going to watch Down Under as I have cancelled Stan. Drag Race is all that I really watch on Stan and it’s too expensive just for one show.

1 Like

It’s not really if you watch 1-2 episodes of it a week.

It’s probably the only show I watch and I love it.

2 Likes

I disagree. Personally, and just my opinion, I hate the weeks when we have no Ru and are awaiting new series to start. This works for me.

3 Likes

Agreed, but this is obviously part of the strategy to keep WOW Presents Plus subscribers on board. I think it’s burning out the format faster than it otherwise would.

3 Likes

Is it? I would argue the show just keeps getting bigger and bigger and is arguably the biggest reality show currently.

1 Like

Within a certain community maybe

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s just a certain community either. I have friends who are straight that watch it.

I understand how people think it’s too much all year round. But there is no denying at how successful it is and even it’s growing popularity. The fact Bianca del Rio sold out within hours proves at how popular the franchise is.

I also think they have made it possible for people to choose which series a fan might want to follow. If you think it’s too much watching all year round pick your series and go with that.

1 Like

Gays and girls, yes

1 Like

Pretty big population. It’s often ranked in the top 3 most successful reality franchises of all time.

1 Like

Yeah but Survivor doesn’t have Jeff Probst hosting different versions from different countries. The core cast and panel (Rupaul and Michelle) are hosting at least 4 seasons a year. That’s the difference.

For me it is. I intentionally started this current All Stars a few weeks late (and then binged a lot of it to catch up) just so I had a longer break between seasons. They all just blur together these days. I can barely even remember who was on this year’s normal US season (let alone last year) because they just churn them out constantly.

Where are you getting your stats? And what metrics are you basing this on?

I don’t know anyone who watches it.

1 Like

I have looked at opinion based metrics to world wide ratings and amounts of franchises. Along with how much talent has come with the show it’s fair to say it’s one of the most successful reality concepts in the world. You don’t often see survivor contestants selling out theatres after they have gone on the show. I think it’s hard to argue against its popularity.

I get what you are saying with it being saturating. But there is ways a fan can avoid saturation. There is no forcing you to watch the variations. And variations help bring in new audiences. I know people who only watched the Australian version.

Your friends sound like a hoot.

You’ve got to be joking. You don’t think it’s because you live in a different world to other people? Drag Race is a niche program. As others have mentioned, it appeals to a certain community.

The majority of people don’t watch this show.

1 Like

Calm down of course it was a joke. All reality shows are niche. Doesn’t mean they aren’t successful or one of the most popular/successful reality formats in the world.