Royal Wedding 2018

I think it will also be worth looking at the demographics of who’s watching.

Even if the ratings are high, if they’re in older demographics it may still be a strategic plus for Nine and the ABC.

I suspect it will do ok, particularly amongst older people who like this sort of thing and aren’t necessarily out and about on a Friday night.

Clearly British broadcasters reached a similar conclusion. BBC and Sky not interested and ITV rolling it into “This Morning “.

And yes there are some generalisations in this post.

3 Likes

So under 800k then? Well, that was my prediction in the thread tonight. I reckon under 600k definitely would be poor. Anything above 800k would be a good result, above 1m would be a surprise hit.

Some shots of ITV’s coverage.

5 Likes

Seven must’ve taken some themes from the sport department, as the music playing out to the 10:30pm as break sounded identical to that used at their Wimbledon coverage for the All England Club, very royal :wink:

1 Like

Seven have been airing many commercial breaks in the last half an hour (post Royal Wedding Ceremony). If they have little to report on rather than going to a commercial break every couple of minutes, then air something else on.

3 Likes

That last half hour was pointless, what new content was presented, rather than ads, re-hashes and dribble? Padded out galore to 11pm.

What about all those that wanted to watch (or DVR!) the encore of All Together Now?

all those”?

3 Likes

In fact it should have been “all thems”… ummm I think I missed the point of the joke… moving on

Is there a new controversy coming? Ten News Melbourne’s Candice Wyatt tweeted this earlier tonight as 14-year-old Lady Louise Windsor (daughter of Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex) led the flower girls and page boys into St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle. She was the girl in the blue dress and struggled to look after page boy Louis de Givenchy, 6, who was knocked to the ground by strong winds.
Here are two clearer photos (Louis is on Lady Louise’s right in the first photo):

Candice was then accused of posting Lady Louise flashing (as she is underage) and urged to delete the tweet, but she refused.

It’s probably got more to do with the fact that ITV were the ‘main’ broadcaster of the wedding and since Seven is affiliated with ITN, they took full advantage.

3 Likes

Seems Seven gamble at airing the wedding paid off. Great ratings. Not huge like the other wedding but I think very strong.

4 Likes

Wow. Well done 7. I was not expecting that particularly on a Friday night. I was amazed they even decided to broadcast it. However, they recognised that there is an audience for it. They’ve been making some good decisions lately.

1 Like

Special programming sure, general programming not so much.

2 Likes

Do we know why Melissa Doyle was replaced by Edwina?

because Edwina is better?

And pretty good tv ratings too. Luckily for Seven, it paid off.

Where are the ratings available?

What were the numbers, where should I be looking?

Usual weekend spots.

Not helpful, but they’ve just turned up in my usual spot

Not huge? But they doubled 9’s share. Did the job I think.