Regional Radio Ratings

These ratings seem very dubious to me. So 4MMM, B105, 97.3 and Nova are getting similar % to what they’re getting in Brisbane itself, yet there’s still room for another 33% for River on top of those? Nope. Remembering Ipswich gets ALL of the Brisbane stations as well. Something isn’t right.

2 Likes

One difference I’ve noted is that the ‘Other’ share in Ipswich (10.4%) is much lower than Brisbane’s last survey (24.8%).

Ipswich doesn’t have it’s own community station, which might explain some of the general increases for some stations.

The interesting thing for me is that whilst 4MMM and B105 pretty much maintain their Brisbane shares in Ipswich, but River increases at the expense of KIIS and NOVA and also 4BH, as well as the smaller ‘Other’ figure.

1 Like

It’s also worth noting that Brisbane’s “other” figure will include River 94.9 as well as the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast stations which I didn’t imagine make it into Ipswich.

How well do all these all get into the whole of the Ipswich licence area? AFAIK 97.3 and Nova have a different height and antenna to the SCA stations so there could be some fringe differences. Or is marketing in the local area or along the freeway different?

1 Like

Pretty well in my experience, in the car at least.

I imagine the ‘Other’ is mostly community stations like 4ZZZ but also possibly 101FM Logan. Yes, the Gold/Sunshine Coast stations don’t have a great signal there. Maybe a bit of Breeze/Rebel in the ‘Other’ too.

2 Likes

The biggest difference between Brisbane and Ipswich ratings is that Brisbane’s other figure is 24.8% while Ipswich’s other is only 10.4%. Looks like a lot of the other rating in Brisbane goes to River.

1 Like

Also Sunshine Coast and the sub metro community stations would be in the Brisbane “other” figure

1 Like

Ipswich market goes all the way to the bottom(?) of the range from memory, and in towns like Gatton, Laidley etc the Brisbane stations don’t come in quite so well. But still, the vast majority of the licence area would have good reception of the Brisbane stations.

4 Likes

Don’t forget from Gatton West the Toowoomba Stations are also receivable

3 Likes

And why on earth would you want to listen to the networking and out of town music programming on all four Toowoomba commercials?

1 Like

102.7 Toowoomba gets a few listeners down the range in the Lockyer Valley

1 Like