Regional Affiliation Swap 2021

Me too, and I think that should stay the same. It’s just the order of Bold and Peach that will be out of whack compared to the rest of SCA10 come July 1.

1 Like

I feel Townsville and Sunshine Coast should have a 30 min bulletin from WIN. There’s the population to support it in both areas

1 Like

I disagree, Regional Victoria apart from Albury/Wodonga need to keep their local bulletins since they’re the only local news bulletins in Victoria and sadly from Thursday we won’t be having a local news bulletin at all. Unlike in Queensland where you have Seven News which will be the only local news service.

3 Likes

I’m not aware of any local news staff in Mackay. Unsure if Mackay will receive the state wide bulletin I find it weird that the bulletin was axed in Mackay only to have it reinstated, same as wide bay.

1 Like

I believe they will have a Video Journalist available in those areas - same goes for NSW.

1 Like

Yes. Sunshine Coast, Townsville and Cairns would be serviced well with full local bulletins but how many years has it been (at least over 20) that WIN News has never managed to crack number 1 spot. Perhaps in the 90s in TSV and CNS (leading to the demise of Ten’s North Queensland bulletins) but never on the Sunshine Coast.

2 Likes

Still no word on Mildura if Win News will return and if it does will they also get a VJ. By the sounds of it Griffith will be better represented than they have been in years surly Mildura deserves similar treatment.

1 Like

Beauty and the geeks promo aired on sca9 and the program dosnt even run til next month. Win network don’t even have to worry about promotion sca are doing it for them

2 Likes

Yep. As I understand, the VJ positions have been offered to those journalists affected by the Win newsroom closures in Victoria and Queensland.

1 Like

Yep, noticed that one down here on TDT9 too! Haven’t seen any advertising of Ten programming coming at all yet. Watching the SOO though so will see if anything pops into there but I doubt it!

SCA only playing the one ten promo. Seen them promote the nine Saturday movie

Shepparton wasn’t it?

1 Like

That scenario would be a disaster for regional viewers and forever turn them into backwater monopoly ghettos at the behest of a single operator. Back to the old pre-Aggregation monopoly days where some (not all) stations were shockers with very limited hours service filled with ancient program content (i.e. very cheap) not seen in metro areas for decades and very token local presence being with no other competition they could and some did get away with it.

DTV Multiplex sharing in the UK includes a mix of ITV, CH4, CH5, Sky and others and more importantly the BBC all lumped in together spread across various Freeview UK DVBT/DVBT2 multiplex’s. The networks would only need send their content program feeds via IP to the more efficient IP headends for DVBT2 which can be at transmitter level or a centralised data centre where the headends live prior the ASI being line fed or satellite fed to a transmitter. To a limited extent, ABC and SBS Radio do this for their combined DAB+ platform JV with ABC and SBS running a dual main/backup Mux on eachother’s premises where they feed eachothers content streams to each other.

It would be very unfair for ABCTV and SBSTV to lose 50% of what they have now and for the commercials only lose 33% so as to keep those awful waste of space shopping channels on the air.

8 Likes

As television continues to lose relevance in the eyes of younger viewers, I would welcome a consolidation if it meant that we regain some local programming and local news.

4 Likes

10 Shake confirmed for Tasmania according to Regional TAM RATINGS UPDATE

9 Likes

Looking forward to the mock logo for this!

(I take it the other multis will be listed by Regional TAM as TDT Bold and TDT Peach?)

5 Likes

So does that mean the only major region that won’t get Shake (at least initially) will be NNSW via Win?

2 Likes

Also indicates no new deal for WDT, yet

3 Likes

Yay.

2 Likes

More excitingly it confirms that the WIN brand is dead save for NNSW. All WIN 9 stations branded as ‘Nine’

Answering my own question:

• Due to very late confirmation of the TDT Tasmania new TEN affiliation agreement channels will be labelled with interim names representing the following channels: TDT 1 (10), TDT 2 (Bold), TDT 3 (Peach)
  • WDT has not confirmed an agreement for WA and is currently labelled with interim names:
    WDT 1, WDT 2 and WDT 3
12 Likes