Random Thread

A strong tip for the name of Harry and Meghan’s first child is Aidan.

https://twitter.com/ChristinaDG/status/1125505153086390272

Apparently Arthur is not a possibility because:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-tipped-to-pay-tribute-to-diana-with-royal-baby-name/news-story/2d2761d5d62e7035157dca21212b0146

I have a few choice names for the Royal baby:
(some come from here):

Dorcas
Darth
Maim
Fannie
Author
Ima
Crystal Shanda Lear
Window
Window Coverings
Moon Unit
Cobra
Tarantula
Marijuana Pepsi
Temperance
Candida
Vanity
Nil
Fifi Trixibelle
Christop
Alexandr
Elzabet
Abcde
Fellony
Phelony
Felony
Semaj
Derfla
Xela
Nevaeh
Prince Michael II
Blanket
Pilot Inspektor
Hashtag
Number 16 Bus Shelter
Buddy Bear
Poppy Honey
Daisy Boo
Petal Blossom Rainbow
Girl
Stulka
Wanker
Dickhead
Shithead
El Captian Cranky
Adolf
Pauline
ScoMo
Bort
Qwerty
Any of the mods names besides Bort
Rob Brough

2 Likes

How about “poor bastard”.

Not “privileged bastard”?

4 Likes

Though I wouldn’t like to be a Royal.

Imagine not being able to walk down the street without the paparazzi following your every move.

2 Likes

Somehow not the least likely one on this list

3 Likes

This afternoon I got a message “Hi, how are you?” on Facebook Messenger from the account of a woman who died three years ago. I deleted the message. I’m wondering how do people hack Facebook accounts, and why would they bother hacking into the account of someone who has died as anyone who was friends with her knows the message is fraudulent.

2 Likes

Late last year my Instagram account was hacked about three times in a couple of weeks. Because Facebook is linked to Insta these days, it was hacked by one of those people.

I kept resetting the password but they kept hacking again. Eventually, I was told by Insta support to change my Username and Password. This finally fixed the problem but inconvenient now because I need to use both to log in and I get auto logged out more often now.

Only recently, Facebook admitted that there was a breach last year and hackers were able to get their hands on passwords for millions of accounts through Instagram. Shifty bastards kept it quiet for more than six months.

2 Likes

Tony Barber has denied he had affairs with the string of hostesses on Sale of the Century. He also told The Daily Telegraph:

https://twitter.com/dailytelegraph/status/1132056144049057798?s=19

1 Like

Those who live in colder areas, what do you think of the cold weather?

My partner and I are looking to move away from the hot, humid weather of North QLD. Both of us enjoy chilly weather. We spent Christmas and nearly all of January in England, and enjoyed the cold weather over there.

We’re looking to move somewhere in Australia that experiences a proper Winter, and isn’t too far away from a major city.
Initially we considered Ballarat, but have changed focus recently and are now considering moving to Toowoomba, which is about 130km west of Brisbane.

For those who don’t know the weather Toowoomba experiences, this is the 7-day forecast from the BOM right now.

We won’t be in a position to move until the end of next year, so have plenty of time to think. We are heading to Toowoomba to check it out later in the year.

Has anyone been there? Or got any other suggestions of locations?
Looking at the forecast above, would you be happy to live somewhere that experiences these conditions in Winter?

1 Like

Orange or Bathurst would also be a good choice in that respect. Or Canberra.

I agree in that if I were to move, I’d be looking to go somewhere cooler rather than warmer. Summers in Newcastle are often humid, though not everyday. But it’s rare to get a proper summer day consisting of sunshine with temps in the high 20s-low 30s with low humidity.

Scone.

Jobs would be hard to find there if you’re not a miner?

if u love the cold move here to ballarat we only a top of 4 today and it snowed twice today

2 Likes

:scream:

Snowed in the town / suburbs, or up on the hills?

That makes the 8 that Bathurst (where I am at tonight) is getting tomorrow seem positively balmy.

And the 17 in Newcastle when I get back home tomorrow seem like a heatwave.

Mt buninyong gordon and in ballarat and soundering suburbs including here in wendouree , it was a top of 4 with a fell of -2 all day thanks to the rain and snow

oh and tomorrow is supposed 2 be 9 here with a low of 3 tonight but will see was supposed 2 be 7 today but looked what happened lol maybe round 2 tomorrow lol

Here are the climate stats for the following centres:

Toowoomba
Bathurst
Orange
Canberra (Tuggeranong)

I would also look at Armidale in the New England region of NSW’s Northern Tablelands: http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/tables/cw_056037_All.shtml

1 Like

Geez, and they say that Tassie is cold and wintery! We got 12 today which I was surprised at because it was sunny most of the day and actually felt warmer than that when I was out at lunchtime and tomorrow is forecast for 15 which is cold for winter standards but not too bad.

1 Like

What do you mean?