Random Thread

When you’ve calmed down and have a little perspective you should consider writing a formal letter to your boss’s superiors detailing your experience. Don’t be vindictive, don’t embellish. Just detail what has happened in a calm and measured manner. Even if the person who deals with it chooses to dismiss it, you’ll feel better about yourself knowing they have a record of what is happening in that workplace.

I did something similar years ago. Walked out on a job I’d been in for years because the environment was toxic and it was effecting my health. I really couldn’t afford to be without work at the time but it was the best thing I ever did. Wrote a letter to head office. They investigated, noted the attrition rate and realised they’d lost an effective employee with a history of excellent KPIs. Received a call from corporate and had a pleasant chat with someone who took the matter seriously and offered me a place elsewhere in the business. I declined and ended up working for a direct competitor.

Saw my immediate manager from toxic workplace in a shopping centre months later who ranted and raved about what I’d done. His partner had to drag him away. I’m guessing things didn’t work out too well for him.

5 Likes

Mundine needs to retire from public view.

5 Likes

Exhibit A on the effects of concussion. …

5 Likes

He can’t get much worse.

1 Like

Why does that not surprise me…

He’s always been known as “The Mouth” as much as “The Man” for a good reason.

1 Like

He can fuck right off.

2 Likes

He will…

1 Like

ANZAC Day was commemorated today by some RSL sub-branches as ANZAC Sunday. It apparently happens every year on the Sunday before ANZAC Day (so the local branches can attend the city marches on ANZAC Day) but as that day this year is Easter Sunday it was brought forward to today. I had never heard of it before.

1 Like

Remember popping bubble wrap?

Is the digital equivalent, clicking the ‘x’ on google ads and marking them as inappropriate or covered content?

Do any legitimate ads get marked as inappropriate after being clicked on enough?

For most of these ineffective penny dreadful ads, it’s the most interaction they’ll get.

1 Like

:joy:

The exact brand escapes me right now, but I seem to remember an television commercial for chocolates which aired around Easter time many years ago where the kids were made to go on an Easter egg hunt but the parents actually didn’t hide any eggs. Kids eventually found out there weren’t any afterall but parents told them to keep looking, then closing the door while they indulged on the brand of chocolate being advertised! :stuck_out_tongue:

Easter egg hunts. How to discover if your kid is a greedy little shit- “No! They’re mine. I found them and you’re not getting any”.

1 Like

This is a bit sad…

The service gets 2 million calls a year. At 39 cents a pop, that’s $780,000 in revenue that Telstra’s just flushed for a service that surely doesn’t cost that much to run

7 Likes

Surely someone will come up with a replacement service?

For $780,000 a year, heck, I’d be happy to sit there and tell someone the time :grin:

1 Like

I guess fake News reports with bad photoshopping are all the rage these days.

1 Like

It’s not too often I delve into the world of newspaper comics on this forum, but it wouldn’t be fair to let this week go by without mentioning the major milestone for a nearly 98 year old strip:

Yes, you read correctly. Ginger Meggs is in the process of introducing three new culturally diverse characters. The announcement was first made in January (and I’d imagine Jason Chatfield would’ve spent quite a lot of time developing them before then), but the first was officially introduced into the strips on Tuesday with Malaysian-Australian Penny Chieng.

While I personally think this is a really good thing overall (JC is quite right to say that every kind of Aussie kid should be able to relate to the characters in Meggs), at the same time you can’t help but think how sad it is to see a comic strip becoming more representative of modern Australia before a not insignificant proportion of our country’s mainstream broadcast media…

Last week’s Media Watch had a story related to it.

2 Likes

About 15 minutes after I watched that video, I’ve gotten another one :man_facepalming: lol

1 Like

Why did you watch the first one? You’ll get bombarded now.

1 Like