Random Thread

April is my favorite month of the year! I like my birthday month.

1 Like

Happy birthday!

So randomly I am watching ESPN8 the US ABC App at the moment and behold - there is a pillow fight championship on air LOL . Didn’t even register with my brain that a pillow fight could be a sport. lol

3 Likes

A lot of those are on Kayo as well. Here’s a bit more about “ESPN8” - it has some great stuff including the eating championships, fooseball, slippery stairs and the great Excel championships.

ESPN8 The Ocho - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. It explains a lot of the random i saw! But hey, pillow fights and eating are fun. :smiley:

2 Likes

Almost 1 year since I started volunteering for the RSPCA in Brisbane, now I feel like it’s my part time job.As I’ve signed the volunteer work approval form for Centrelink earlier this year(also someone from the RSPCA volunteer office had to sign)I’m excused from looking and applying for jobs and visiting the employment agency as long as I volunteer 30 hours a fortnight and I do now,
I’ve accepted that there’s no suitable job for me because I don’t have much experience except for manufacturing jobs and I’m too old and unfit now😕
Although I like spending time at home it’s not good for me to not go anywhere or do nothing either

3 Likes

That’s great Karen. You are making it for you and you are doing what you love so that makes it extra awesome for you. It’s such a good thing that you see being positive :grinning:.

Does anyone here live in Melbourne ? I’m heading to Melbourne in the middle of June , obviously I’m bracing for the four seasons in a day :grinning: weather , but just watching the news just now just saw that Melbourne had another protest because of the Israel-Palestine. My concern is how often do these protests appear and how big do they get ?

I’m staying on swanston street near Carlton so I’m fairly certain i should be okay . I am a worry wort.

1 Like

Just prepare for winter, if a fine day, allow for some layers to get removed if you’re in the sun otherwise June is pretty stable.

At least every Sunday a few thousand pro Palestine supporters have a rally. Today there was a pro Israel rally as well, not as common but if you’re staying there it’s away from most of the protests.

1 Like

Ahh yeah thats good then. I’ll have to keep an eye out on the public transport systems for any changes, that way I can play accordingly. I will just assume that the PTV website will note any protests that will affect tram routes.

Excellent, sounds like I’ll pack a bit of winter and some shorts just in case.

Years ago when I last visited Melbourne I was staying in a hotel in Swanston Street.It had a tram stop right outside that was very handy :+1:

1 Like

i stayed at a hotel in collins street when i went last year! was lovely and central to everything

1 Like

I wonder if that was the Citisquare hotel right next to Flinders Lane. I stayed there about 12 years ago. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I can’t remember the mane of the hotel

For those that watch the news at 6pm:

When do you have dinner? 6pm is traditionally around dinner time. Do you eat in front of the TV or at 7pm or 7:30 if you also watch ACA?

Just interested to know how the news has so many viewers when it’s meant to be dinner time.

1 Like

We usually have dinner sometime during the 6pm hour. We’ll watch the first segment of Nine News, flick over and watch the final 10 minutes of Deal or No Deal, then watch the rest of the news and part of ACA

3 Likes

Usually I’ll watch the first block of 6pm news until 6.20 and then put dinner on and eat around 6.40

Interesting. I know it’s only two replies so far but both don’t actually watch the full broadcast. That is very curious.

I serve dinner for 7pm. I’ll have the news on whilst cooking but aim to serve for 7. Which is when I watch my recording of Neighbours whilst eating and awaiting the 7:30 reality show to start (currently MasterChef).

Okay, okay that’s another layer. Continuing to watch TV while eating dinner.

The TV isn’t off for family time? I remember growing up there was no TV whatsoever during any meal.

1 Like

I multi-task :grin:

as my family grew up and older siblings moved out, for me and the family, the traditional family dinner at the table became less important, and when it turned to just having dinner at the tv in the loungeroom or at the computer