Random Thread

So, there’s a bloke who regularly takes out classified ads in The Mercury newspaper in Hobart. He’s been doing it for years and tell stories or random ramblings and all end in something along the lines of “keep your receipts”. Do other places have any characters like this?

He’s got his own facebook page with some of the samples and ones that people have found and posted.

Hmm, that’s so interesting.

Potentially some sort of coded language? Ivan puts the letter in and only others with the decipher book can decode.

So, a spy? “Keep your receipts” sounds very criminal underworld.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s one of the theories that’s been posted. Other people say they meet him down at Salamanca and stuff but it just seems like a really odd thing to do and he’s been doing it for years too, kinda like the world’s longest prank or something.

I hope it’s not some kind of terrorist propaganda, I hope the Mercury know what they are printing.

3 Likes

Terrorist maybe (worryingly, as I was also thinking), propaganda no, since it would have to be clearly understood to many people to be propaganda.

Doubt it’s terrorism, been going on for far too long for anything there, it is definitely odd though!

1 Like

4 Likes

That looks different enough but the Disney one doesn’t.

3 Likes

Looks identical to the old pre-1975 logo.

4 Likes

I’m surprised that the Salim Mehajer ‘serious’ ‘car crash’ hasn’t made the breaking news thread.

1 Like

Has he broken anything? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Today’s court date.

5 Likes

Hopefully they’ll be able to find some evidence that he set this whole thing up and he’s charged with CTP fraud, and laid with the ambulance bill. What a vile human being.

In other news of stealing from Australia, PTV News in Punjab has a familiar theme:

If you don’t know what I’m on about.

5 Likes

The “Prime” wording seen at 0:13 seems familiar too

1 Like

Hate pumping up my own tyres, but here’s Melbourne Marathon medal number 5 for me! Not quite the 40 that half a dozen blokes now have from 40 starts but equivalent of being worthy of raising the bat for 50 runs.

8 Likes

In response to Disney:

2 Likes

End credits to Gruen tonight

10 Likes

Surely Disney will have to change that logo. It’s ridiculously similar.

2 Likes

Considering it’s Disney, I’m genuinely expecting them to begin legal proceedings against the ABC for copyright infringement on their logo.

5 Likes