Random Thread

I refer to Myer as Myers out of a force of habit.

But i would never use the possessive for another other store like Aldi.

1 Like

Similar to Dan Murphy’s, which has the apostrophe before the ‘s’, but many people still call it Dan Murphy.

This is just for trivia night - Canada and Denmark now have a land border.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I like this, doesn’t roll off the tongue very eaaily.

Feels like change for the sake of change, I’ve never heard anyone call the Royal Melbourne Show the Melbourne Royal before. If it gets shortened all I’ve ever encountered has been The Show which doesn’t uaually require any further clarificarion.

7 Likes

After making an appearance on last night’s HYBPA? things haven’t gone so well for for Hong Kong’s floating restaurant.

3 Likes

First thing I thought when reading the article was insurance scam

2 Likes

The “other” Logies.

Drop in next time you visit CSat or one of the other locations and you can boast about attending the Logies. :smile:

Logie’s on Campus | College Station, TX 77840 (cstx.gov)

4 Likes

Did anyone see a shooting star or similar at about 430pm or so? It was sighted in the Pennant Hills area towards the east.

Do I get an award for eating at their fine establishment? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Apologies to the mods if this is not deemed appropriate or posted in wrong thread but just wanted to mention the fact that TV Blackbox is currently looking for new team members to join our publication.

Ideally, this is a job for someone with a keen interest in TV and media issues. The candidate needs to be good at working in a team environment and have availability to work Mon-Fri between 9am-4pm. This is a paid position. Send through a DM if interested.

3 Likes

oh great, this 4KQ to SENQ transition now makes my Google think I’m interested in sports!

2 Likes

Found this remix of the 1998 theme of “The Bill” by Oxide & Neutrino.

Courtesy: BeatboxNorwich

Would’ve loved to see Pendulum produce their own remix of this theme after their successful remix of the ABC News theme in 2010.

4 Likes

And here’s a club remix of Weakest Link that I found ages ago. It’s been on YouTube since May 2011.

Courtesy: BL5965

3 Likes

I think this is true. I go to a cafe that recently put on a surcharge on tap and go. So sometimes I use cash when I have it. I noticed when the owner takes my money, he doesn’t ring it through the cash register. He just pops the money in it.

I think the credit card surcharge is a rort. It’s ridiculous that businesses can charge whatever they like as a surcharge. It’s worse when you can’t make a purchase from a business with cash or direct debit but they slug you with a surcharge.

There needs to be a government crackdown on this. It’s in their interest to not allow businesses to charge extra for credit card transactions.

Business cannot charge whatever they like.

It’s not a thing in the UK, it’s strange it’s allowed at all.

I think you’d be great on TV, do it!

I haven’t noticed credit card surcharges in the US either. Presumably small business owners in Oz justify surcharges with some vague excuse about “penalty rates”, but I don’t know how large organisations get away with it. Seems to be a uniquely Australian thing.

Didn’t it use to be a 50 c fee on purchases over $10 , now it’s a percentage of the cost?