Random Thread

I helped out in a charity shop as a volunteer a long time ago when I was last unemployed,in the early 90s. I could go to my local Vinnies or Salvos store and ask if they need volunteer helpers.
I didn’t do the Altus traffic job today,didn’t feel up to it,bad indigestion last night,couldn’t sleep :confused:I’m not getting paid as yet for the traffic control work placement so doesn’t matter so much

1 Like

Wasn’t sure where to post this.
Dreamworld has announced major plans for 2023/24 that will see major redevelopments.

This will include rebranding the current Dreamworks area into Kenny & Belinda’s Dreamland, ABC Kids and Wiggles World will relocate to this area too as they try to focus on more local media brands and partnerships.

The current ABC Kids space will be occupied by a new land called Rivertown.

The Future of Dreamworld

2 Likes

6 Likes

they also need to thank about admission costs. i live in Brisbane and yearly make the decision - do get a dreamworld yearly pass (that includes skytower observation deck and white water world) for $149 (no point spending $109 for just dreamworld) or WVTP that includes Movieworld, seaworld, wet n wild and paradise country for $219?

I normally wait for the sale and get WVTP for the same price as dreamworld / WWW, but even at $219 its much better value than dreamworld and whitewater world alone, especilly as with 2 kids - one who is curious about the world and loves animals and the other a thrill seeker seaworld is a perfect day out.

1 Like

I would say get this one. Wet N Wild have more slides than WWW and MW has more rides than DW. Sea World is also good with new rides coming out on Friday (a wooden coaster/sky swinger) so I would get the VRTP ones. If I lived on the GC I would try to get both but unfortunately I live in Victoria (we do have good ones here like Funfields and Gumbuya World though, with the latter getting new coasters this year)

IMO as a coaster enthusiast, the new WOO additions to MW and the new DW additions are very exciting to me. I discuss them more in depth on Parkz (a forum for coaster enthusiasts, my name is the same as on here). The only bad thing about merging Dreamworks and ABC is that some rides will be retired due to space.

2 Likes

Santa needs to get with the times and update the list to NOICE, right Kath?

1 Like

Overall searches

1. Wordle
  2. Australian Open
  3. World Cup
  4. Shane Warne
  5. Ukraine
  6. Novak Djokovic
  7. Ashes
  8. Ash Barty
  9. Olivia Newton John
  10. Betty White
2 Likes

I noticed Media Spy’s favourite tweeter MrTvAus has had his account suspended!

1 Like

:astonished: #summertime was just around the corner too

3 Likes

Totally agree with this choice!
He has been amazing for his country.

2 Likes

this was a slam dunk. there honestly was no other option.

2 Likes

Well, it could have been me! :grinning:

1 Like

your always my man of the year :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Anyone got any intel as to what went on here?
His manner of tweeting was excruciatingly annoying (hashtag hijacking, weird opinions, an almost bizarre lack of recognition for streaming services) but I’m intrigued to hear what it was that tipped Elon over the edge.

3 Likes

Lego will release a new Creator set with an Australian theme.

3 Likes

Please indulge me while I tell my story because I am not sure when or how often I am going to post again.

On Christmas morning when all of you wake up and run towards the Christmas tree to collect your surprise gifts, I will be on my way to the airport and fly to the other side of the world to meet the ‘real’ Santa Claus!

I am not trying to do a ‘Harry & Megan’ by blaming everyone else for my misery. I am very grateful for being able to leave Australia and ‘reset’ myself while travelling around my favorite continent on the planet.

I didn’t realise that being single and ‘locked up’ in the last 3 years has taken a toll on me until someone pointed out how it is ruining me and bringing out a range of personality disorders that I never knew I had. And spending lots of time (during lockdown and work from home) on the various social platforms hasn’t helped either which at times led me to question my self worth. Hence I am now going to focus more on interacting with people face2face.

Over the years, these issues that I experienced are not necessarily due to people violating the rules but I just can’t possibly discern (through the screen) between constructive criticisms and derision. I have never really experienced these issues much in real life and maybe because I’m surrounded by the right people who look after me.

I guess the built up of the on and off negative experiences over the years finally broke me! I think most of my posts are non-provocative but I do recognise that some of my posts may not be sophisticatedly conveyed. But it was never my intention to invite people to mock me which in time leads to self doubt.

Over the years, I did not flag (or fight back at) every response that upset me.

You can tell me that my favorite song is depressing like a piece of shit but you don’t have to give me an English lesson on the word ‘extraordinary’ when I use it to express my personal opinion. And don’t even get me started with some unsolicited English lessons that people give me both publicly and privately (eg difference between mom vs mum).

When Sam Armytage was married 2 years ago, I didn’t understand why people told me that it was none of my business when all I said was I didn’t realise she was already married on the weekend. When I shared a story of Jono’s wedding (Travel Guide), I was criticised for reading women’s magazines and prying into people’s personal lives. Yet there’s a very active Matches,Hatches thread in this forum. I just can’t catch a break!

One of the more satisfying discussion that I have engaged in this forum was the #jacketgate thread in 2017 because it was about the way one person communicates with another. I didn’t realise that what I am sharing now kinda reflects my views in that thread back in 2017.

I can say with hand on my heart that I would never respond in a way to cause others to feel what I am describing here. Over the years, if someone told me that I was out of line, I never hesitated to publicly admit my mistakes and apologised immediately.

Now whenever I visit this forum, I will see it as an old friend that I used to be close to. But we have grown apart. All the contributions that I made in the past to maintain this connection seem to gradually lose its relevance and significance.

NO HARD FEELINGS :heart:

9 Likes

Good luck with everything!

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I too will be leaving this forum, this time for good . the reason why is I have found my passion for anime has been reignited again. i had found anime a long time ago, then lost it because i had found anime boring, and then found mainstream media better, but as I said i have re-found my love for anime. and not really care for mainstream media anymore . so thanks for putting up with me and this is good bye

6 Likes

Good luck with everything in the future! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good luck and goodbye @JasonF! Hope to see you back again soon!

2 Likes