Random Thread

So does my Sony (9000F 2017 model).
I don’t like it, and there’s no way to change that grouping.

I always watch via my Panasonic DVR which has them in LCN order from 1 to 99. I prefer that, and LOVE being able to pause and rewind live TV. I couldn’t watch TV without it now.

They should have just had 10 SD on 10 and 10HD on 1. That makes sense to me, put Bold up with Peach.

2 Likes

On Sony Televisions you can change the order of the channels they are in.

Do a rescan and a list should appear, and you can arrange it into the order you want.

1 Like

Better not take this exit @pelican

5 Likes

is that the fabled Matlock Expressway?

9 Likes

To say that I comment about Seven News Sydney & Mark Ferguson on a regular basis would be a fair comment. But daily? I’m not so sure about that.

Also, I wouldn’t exactly say I’m some Nine Network fanboy in much the same way that @Mitchell_Nock defended just about everything Channel Seven during his time posting on the forums. There are many things that Nine do, even with their Sydney news service which I don’t particularly agree with.

On the whole, I like to think that my commentary about the media is generally fair for the most part - even if I’m admittedly nowhere near as good as the TV & radio columnists that Sydney newspapers had until around a decade or so ago when the major cutbacks started to happen.

8 Likes

You are no Doug Anderson, but you are close.

I now have a mental image of Syd with wild, out of control hair and a huge moustache. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a lot of catapillers in Canberra on my walks over the past couple of weeks. I haven’t seen this many the past couple of years. It’s not a plague, just a lot more than usual.

That’s a penis

Is this the oldest website still operated by the government?

For reference, the Health Insurance Commission was abolished in 2005!

http://www1.hic.gov.au/

4 Likes

Last updated 25 August 1999

And yet still a better interface than MyGov

4 Likes

What even was it

1 Like

I am very fortunate in that I can walk to work.

1 Like

Some people would rather walk to work while others get the public transport. However, the bus journeys could take much longer to get there. I would have thought that most people would get the train to work (when they live near the railway lines). A few others can catch the ferry.

When I headed to work at Records Management Unit up north of metro area, it took me about 45 minutes to arrive. Catch the bus, tag on the train, hop on the bus without tagging at Warwick Train Station and arrive to the work.

2 Likes

I travel to and from work outside of peak hour (I start work at 7am ,finish 3.30 pm)and I’m driving away from the city anyway in the morning.If I ever have to use public transport to travel to/from work have to catch 2 trains or buses and it takes me more than an hour instead of 25 minutes by car

2 Likes

The unfulfilled dreams of people searching Sunrise on Google: Sunrise is cancelled, winning the money from the cash cow, and David Koch.

3 Likes

Haha!

You’ll be interested to hear that people are also asking if Today has been cancelled, whether their ratings have fallen or improved and also if some of the presenters (including Savannah - presumably Guthrie from the NBC version) have left:

%23HasToday

4 Likes

12%20PM

2 Likes