Random Thread

You’re not my type. For starters you’re a Sharks fan…

1 Like

With Gogglebox Australia finished for yet another year, how will the households react to some of the content which will be on our screens over the long Summer break? Here’s what I’d imagine the reactions would be to some of Australian TV’s most memorable moments between November & February! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Melbourne Cup:

Carols In The Domain, reaction to the “Amazing” outfit worn by Kochie this year (reused set of images but still relevant):

Said telecast in general, could also be relevant for NYE Coverage:

Nine News Sydney - “Santa’s Journey” Report from Mike Dalton on Christmas Eve:

Cricket & Tennis:

By turning off the TV and doing something useful with their lives? :wink:

3 Likes

If we did that, MS would be very quiet, ECC!

2 Likes

But we’re not polluting Australia’s airwaves with our crap.

Haha I can’t believe this. The Network 10 thread was only reopened 16 days ago and had 1100 replies.
That link i shared had 128 opens O _ O

3 Likes

If you look closley to the zoom in at 7s, the backdrop expands like it’s a chroma screen (See the dot near the road thingy on the right), but on the opening shot due to the movement, it’s clearly not a chroma key but a plasma. Can anyone explain what’s going on here with the Darwin set?

DonaldDraws1541949552766

3 Likes

Who is Melanie? :joy:

1 Like

His new mistress :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m kinda thinking Melanie is his new cat. If you know what I mean. :wink::joy:

Back in May that is what Trump called his wife. :smiley:

2 Likes

So even he doesn’t know who he is married to? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is this a reference to pussy?

Ah champagne comedy :clinking_glasses:

:smirk_cat:

You said it sunshine. :joy:

1 Like

Here’s a classic mock news report from when Hungry Jacks wanted Whopper for PM.

Mmmm I do like me a whopper… and a hamburger too :sunglasses:

1 Like

This clip from The Chaser’s War On Everything is just making me laugh out loud. Especially how they use the kid from a Brand Power “Wonder White Bread” ad shown during a Today Tonight ad break in a meme-like way.

1 Like

Man, do I miss the Chaser’s War on Everything.

So many moments where I was rolling around on the floor laughing. I particularly remember a scene where they were taking the piss out of some self-help quackery where if you envisioned something happening really really hard it would definitely happen…they ended up ‘envisioning’ a free space in a car park, squealed around the corner and smashed into a parked car. I was on the floor for several minutes after that, hardly able to breathe.

On a somewhat related subject, I remember seeing Borat in the cinemas not long after it premiered with my dad. People were heaving they were laughing so hard. That fight scene in the hotel was absolutely on a completely different level with people with tears streaming down their face, crying laughing. I couldn’t hear the dialogue for at least 2 or 3 minutes after that scene ended.

2 Likes