Random Radio

And Tilt My Hat is a dance version of the INXS rock song “Burn For You”

Everyone is fighting on mediaspy lately. We all need to tune in to smooth for a good 24 hours.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Dance Super Digi has also made a comeback.

1 Like

Sounds like torture of the worst kind. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

An bewildering take on radio non ratings period in Australia

1 Like

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read in some time.

And no it’s not the only country to do the same, NZ does likewise although announcers tend to work closer to Xmas and come back later in January.

3 Likes

Yes agree what a dumb article. If they want to see disruption they should check out the US where many top rating AC stations like KOST in LA switch to Christmas songs for more than a month.

3 Likes

8HA, Sun FM, and Tourist Gold FM from Alice Springs are now all streaming online.

4 Likes

8HA’s Bitrate is coming in as 48Kbs, sounds really modulated too.

Interesting editorial by Brad Smart on Radioinfo: The Digital Assassin: Why is Everyone Trying to Kill Radio?

1 Like

Back to work this week after Xmas/New Year Break .The radio dilemma has come up again ie: people listening to different stations,or playing music from Bluetooth speakers,or all music being too loud because everyone is trying to drown each other out.:confused:The guy who is in charge of my section has told us if we can’t come to some solution,that works for everybody,we can’t have any music at all.This week has been no fun at all , I HATE having nothing to listen too,the days go so much slower and it’s really getting me down. I do suffer from depression and anxiety sometimes and having no music to listen while working is causing me great stress. I don’t care what we end up listening to ,any station will do,I just want our radio/music ban over :confused:

2 Likes

I also find if I do come into work feeling depressed and sad if I hear some great tunes on the radio I feel better,with nothing to listen to this week I have nowhere to focus my mind so I’m thinking bad thoughts and upsetting myself ,Even if it’s crappy music that’s on at least it’s something to listen to,If only the rest of my group at work can come up with some ideas ,we all had to write down suggestions on paper but nothing has been decided yet.most of my co-workers would’ve noticed how upset I’ve been this week

What about everyone gets a go at picking a station on a weekly basis?

And everyone either puts their own radio on that station, or they have nothing on their own radio at all?

Would that work?

1 Like

Because it’s a very noisy workplace some people always had their radios too loud anyway,We already the changing stations every week system but that didn’t work out because not everyone liked one particular station

1 Like

We have come to a decision at work today ,all radios had to be on Triple M.I”m ok with that,better than no music at all.Because my job is very repetitive and sometimes boring I need something to listen to

1 Like

That sounds like hell on earth.

3 Likes

I’d much prefer Triple M to HIT, where they play the same 20 songs all day.

2 Likes

HIT with a ‘S’ in front best describes any songs played on HIT or NOVA

3 Likes

If you were in Sydney and you listened to Triple M chances are you would actually hear no music at all.

2 Likes

Triple J sounds much like that most of the time :pensive::pensive:

1 Like