Random Radio

Pick one, can’t have both.

6 Likes

Hearing the same tracks every two hours was probably driving you crazy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nova 96.9 “Never more than 2 songs on the playlist”

Mind you, I do love a Top 40 radio station. Always have. Always will.

###ACMA registers new Commercial Radio Industry Code of Practice

The Australian Communications and Media Authority has agreed to register a new Commercial Radio Industry Code of Practice (the code), submitted by Commercial Radio Australia (CRA), the industry group representing the majority of commercial radio broadcasters.

‘The new code contains robust community safeguards across a range of areas,’ said acting ACMA Chairman, Richard Bean. ‘It incorporates important commitments by radio licensees about accuracy and impartiality in news, privacy, the treatment of participants in live-hosted programs and the broadcast of Australian music. It also requires advertisements to be clearly identifiable.’

CRA will be conducting a six month education campaign by broadcasting community service announcements to inform listeners of changes to the code (accompanied by information on the CRA website).

The new code was developed by CRA. It replaces the previous Commercial Radio Industry Code of Practice, and comes into operation on 15 March 2017.

More info

great smokers - chain music.

Well, I hate my job
And I got no car
And my aching feet
Won’t take me that far

A hola hola ho
And a hola hola hey
Another holiday

1 Like

Hit 105😕I miss River 94.9

1 Like

This morning’s Sydney Morning Herald has a story about cassettes and finding your old mix tapes. I went looking and found a tape I had made in the 90s. I often think that WS plays 90s hits but not these massive hits that I was listening to 20 years ago:

• Mellissa Tkautz “Read My Lips”
  • Radio Freedom “I Can Feel It”
  • Holly Valance “Kiss Kiss”
  • Euphoria “One In A Million”
  • Indecent Obsession “Kiss Me”
  • TLC “Waterfalls”
  • Paula Abdul “Opposites Attract”
  • Ratcat “Don’t Go Now”
  • London Beat “Ive Been thinking About You”

I think my weekend is now a lot less radio and a lot more mix tapes from the 90s. I know this music is not for everyone but it was certainly what I lived for in the 90s. if I can find some Melrose Place episodes on the net I am set for the weekend.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting…Radio Freedom “I Can Feel It”… I recognised the band and title… but felt bad because I couldn’t instantly recall it (unlike the others)… googled it and it brought back the memories! (Funnily enough, Euphoria’s ‘Love you right’ was the next track that played on YouTube). Reminds me a little of listening to MMM and KROQ at the time, but tbh most of these songs I associate with watching Video Hits (on Ten).

Six out of nine of your tracks are Australian…!

1 Like

I could not remember who sang the Radio Freedom song either. I had to google the words. Great song.

It’s on pure 90s - now :slight_smile:

Hit 105 at work this week,more of the same crap that I heard on Nova last week :confused:

2 Likes

It’s funny… back in the 1990s when B105 had their no repeat workday and was day-parting I was so sick of hearing the Doobie Brothers Listen to the Music and Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Ain’t Seen Nothin Yet et al. I just wanted to hear my favorite latest hits… which I might hear once during the day, then again between 6-7, and again during the hot 30.

I’d love Hit105 these days if they were the same format… Blinded by the light, then You make lovin’ fun, then Stars say you’re beautiful…

Born at the wrong time :confused:

2 Likes

Yes, I used to feel the same way about the FM stations in the late 80s/early 90s.

They obviously used to target the 30-45 year old age group back then, but are now after the early 20 somethings.

4 Likes

_emphasized text_The only goodpart of listening to Hit 105 this week is the hour of 'Old School ’ hits from 9am to 10am. I heard some great 90s tracks this morning.Nova also has 30 minutes of 'Old School ’ from 9am .Actually I think it was Nova that first started using the expression 'Old School ’ before Hit 105 did.

Maybe you should make up a topic for comments on what you’re listening to at work this week rather than filling this topic with it?

1 Like

They call them ‘Throwbacks’.

Oh hell yeah, another radio topic

Songs you’re listening to at work that you hate because people voted on what they wanted to hear and you hate those stations.

4 Likes

It’s a Random Radio thread and the comments are very random so no worries. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We need one to top the “Songs you heard when stuck in a Macca’s drive thru whilst waiting for that Frozen Coke” or whatever it was called! :joy:

2 Likes