Random Mocks

This is so scary but funny at the same time

11 Likes

End-board style

12 Likes

Absolutely love the concept, but I don’t think they should be numbers.

Ten Two and Ten Three just doesn’t work for me, sounds really bizarre.
I think it needs to follow 9’s model and use words. Something like “Ten Extra”, “Ten …”

1 Like

So did Seven Two when it launched, but it grew on people rather quickly. I think this could work for Ten.

1 Like

I think it works because in capital cities the channel number is 72. How exactly is Ten Three going to work?

1 Like

I love the idea, but numbering systems seem to have been dropped of late around the world.

ABC1 back to ABC.
ABC2 to ABC Comedy (which was a mistake).
ABC3 to ABC Me.

SBS One back to SBS
SBS Two to SBS2 and then SBS Viceland.

ITV1 back to ITV.

7TWO survives but they didn’t go with 7THREE, instead they went with 7mate.

The only outlier is the BBC, which is understandable, since BBC One and BBC Two were brands in the 1970s and are essentially equal services.

One is already similar to 7mate in terms of demographic target, but with more classic content. 10Rewind or 10Retro.

Eleven could be 10Plus.

2 Likes

TV One to TVNZ 1
TV 2 to TVNZ 2

I mean we may be left off of a lot of world maps but we still count no?

4 Likes

No.

5 Likes

We’re relevant I swear…

1 Like

With the launch of tendaily, they have a Brekky Wrap, an overnight wrap up of the latest news (https://tendaily.com.au/news/australia/a180514iqx/brekky-wrap-52-dead-on-gaza-border-facebooks-app-crackdown-and-naplan-begins-20180514). It got me thinking that this could be implemented on TV. as an update that can air between their morning programs, before studio 10 starts. A simple way to start a breakfast news service. Here’s a quick mock-up based on todays brekky wrap:

!

Just something i chucked together. Interested to hear thoughts…

23 Likes

Nice one! Could very easily be implemented with one of the journalists doing a voiceover for the top stories.

4 Likes

Exactly my thoughts :slight_smile:

Great mocks. I think you’ll find the ten daily brand incorporated more and more into their broadcast schedule, even as news bites as you suggest. It’s a 2 punch advert/content delivery.

2 Likes

Beautiful mocks as ever! Keeping the colours of the multichannels is a good idea IMO.

I personally don’t believe that Ten will try numbered branding for their multichannels. ABC and SBS have steered away from that in the past few years, the “in” thing seems to be naming channels based on their content. A long time ago I thought of Ten Hit for Eleven’s youth-orientated branding and Ten World for One’s sport, adventure and doco focus.

3 Likes

I like Travis’s Ten Daily breakfast wrap idea, just before Studio 10. It would quite well for those who just want the news and without the cash cow bullshit and playpen on today show before going to work.

Loving your work MATTB! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

On the other hand you’ve got both of the Mediaworks channels dropping numbers - with TV3 becoming a maths problem and Four becoming a totally unrelated brand with Bravo.

1 Like
2 Likes

See. We still count.

Nine%20News%20WA%20Backdrop Nine News Western Australia Backdrop

4 Likes

Hmm. wished that this Nine News WA will have a regional bulletin containing headlines from Bunbury, Albany, Kalgoorlie, Geraldton and other parts of the state.