Rage

Anyone else been watching? I like the old ’ Countdown" episodes .its a shame the ABC got rid of so many old episodes douring their cost cutting days.this is the only time of year I watch “Rage”

2 Likes

I meant to record it last night! (forgot)

I would love to see some of the old Countdown episodes from the mid 80s, shame they don’t put any of these up on iView. Couldn’t find any on YouTube either.

I’ve got Last Night’s Taped if you want my Address for them? Just DM Me for Yours.

That’s OK. Thanks.

It should be on this Saturday night… last one though I think.

JamesStyles1983@icloud.com My E-Mail Address for the Address if you want to send the Copy on DVD.

I would like to see more ‘Countdown’ episodes from the 70s but sadly those episodes are gone forever

It’s a shame that’s it’s only for the month of January,should be more often.Still enjoy watching old "Countdown " episodes

Have DVRed them all this year. Love it when they have these. Cause you watch them back 30 to 40 years later and you see one act/song and you think whatever happened to them. Or they made it big and this song has gone down as an absolute classic.

##Celebrating thirty years of R-R-R-R-Rage!

A multiplatform event to celebrate 30 years of Rage from Friday April 14 to Sunday April 23

The iconic ABC music show Rage turns 30 on April 17 2017 and the ABC is inviting viewers to a ten-day celebration.

Across TV, radio, in print and in person, ABC gives fans a chance to relive their favourite moments and discover everything there is to know about the influential program’s history and influence on Australian music and culture.

Did you know?

• The honour of being the first video to be played on Rage goes to ‘Weirdo Libido’ by Sydney post-punk band Lime Spiders. It says a lot about Rage - especially when you consider that MTV made their debut with The Buggles’ ‘Video Killed The Radio Star’.

• The first Rage Guest Programmer was Andrew Denton, who started things off in a very Rage way - in bed, (supposedly) after a big night out.

• The Go-Betweens’ Amanda Brown was the first musician to host the show - from her backyard, no less.

• And the most requested video? Sabotage, by the Beastie Boys.

###On ABC TV:
Rage30: The story of Rage (9.30pm, 17th April ABC and ABC iview)
This one hour documentary celebrates the incredible history of Rage and features a plethora of musical talent from across the decades, musicians whose work has been a mainstay of Rage but who were also viewers themselves. We go back to the beginning to find out where and how it all began and talk to many of the most successful music clip directors for whom Rage directly influenced their careers.

Normal Rage programming interrupted by the viewers!
Rage Overnight on Saturday 15th April and Saturday 22nd April (ABC and ABC iview)
Via a nationwide social media campaign Rage viewers have been invited to guest program the show. Thousands have taken up the challenge and the most creative, thoughtful and entertaining will be broadcast over these two special nights. Each viewer playlist selected will display the contributor’s name.

Rage30: Stories from the Red Couch (11.00pm, 21st April ABC and ABC iview)
Over its three decades on air Rage has hosted hundreds of guest programmers; musicians, comedians and even politicians have been invited to share their favourite music clips and explain why they mean so much to them. In the process, we gain a unique insight into them as people. This special program, hosted by the one and only Kate Ceberano, assembles the very best, from the famous, the funny to the very naughty.

##On ABC Radio:
The Real Thing – Rage ‘Til You Puke

RN’s The Real Thing podcast a half-hour special featuring interviews with the musicians, personalities, producers and fans who brought the program to life. Rage ‘Til you Puke will be available from The Real Thing and Double J’s The J Files podcast feeds from Thursday April 14 and will air on both RN and Double J simultaneously on Easter Monday.

Rage 30 Magazine: Collector’s Edition (On sale April 20 from abcshop.com.au, ABC Centres and newsagents, $14.95)
Brace yourself for even more couch consumption as we say Happy 30th Birthday to our favourite music rebel with a special edition magazine. Packed with behind-the-scenes Rage guest programmer tales, including Faith No More, Hole, the Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer, we also delve deep into the music clips that have kept you up all night — dissecting the LOLs, the controversy, the culture, the hidden messages and stacks more. Penned by revered music writers including Myf Warhurst, Craig Schuftan and Lindsay McDougall — to name but a few — your eyeballs will be lured into bloodshot temptation of “just one more page”.

Rage 30 Album (CD / digital album released on April 14)
This massive compilation features standout tracks from across the three decades Rage has been on air. Songs that have resonated with fans and artists covering all genres, ages, genders and nationalities; it’s the definitive Rage collection.

Rage 30 Merchandise (T-Shirt range released April 14)
You’ll be able to wear a piece of Rage history with one of our special release Rage logo t- shirts. Various designs and sizes available.

Rage Exhibit, ABC Ultimo - Celebrating thirty years of R-R-R-R-Rage!
Come and sit on the Rage couch, snap a selfie and share. Free at ABC Ultimo Centre – Main Foyer now until April 23.

1 Like

###Rage30 - Episode 1: The Story of Rage

Monday 17 April at 10:00pm

This one hour documentary will celebrate the incredible history of Rage and explore its influence on Australian music and culture.

###Rage30 - Episode 2: Stories From the Red Couch

Friday 21 April at 11:00pm

Over its three decades on air Rage has hosted hundreds of guest programmers; musicians, comedians and even politicians have been invited to share their favourite music clips and explain why they mean so much to them. In the process, we gain a unique insight into them as people. This special program, hosted by the one and only Kate Ceberano, assembles the very best, from the famous, the funny to the very naughty.

Just curious - is Rage still only broadcast in standard def? Would imagine that every new music video being released is now distributed in HD.

There will be a special tribute to the late Aretha Franklin on Rage tonight.

1 Like

I know the ABC has to censor paid product placements in these music videos…but what’s the point if it’s done as badly as this? The Merc, Lyft and Beats logos are all quite visible in this. The Lyft one draws added attention because its blur keeps flashing on and off, and the Merc and Beats logos are only blurred for part of the time that they’re on screen.

https://streamable.com/mf3sn

4 Likes

Rage retro month is back.

1 Like

Today so far 2 Countdown episodes from 1980(great year for music :blush:)now one from 1983​:+1:

1 Like

Tonight (February 1) Rage will have the music videos from the triple j Hottest 100 of 2019.

Rage is having a “RAGERCISE Special” this Saturday morning - at 6am (60 min duration). Workout and dance videos to get you moving.

Now, if Ten can bring back Oz Aerobics…? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Aerobics Isolation Style

3 Likes

Interesting how Eric Prydz’ “Call On Me” is included. When the song was popular, Rage’s short-lived SMS “video download” service got more requests for this song than anything else, according to Wikipedia.

The “Late Night” (slightly NSFW) version of the video is linked, as two cuts of the video were made and I’m pretty sure Rage only aired the “Daytime” (clean) version of the video.