Radio Stations - Music Logs

I get what you mean, there are a few questionable songs from both stations being played that could honestly be slotted out for a newer or underplayed hit instead. I agree with the songs you already said but there are also a few others…
Bad Liar and Sicko Mode IMO are a little too old to be in Ash London Live’s Trending 10… there are so many other choices…
Sweet But Psycho and Waiting on both stations, really should have been played in this time slot, 20 weeks ago when both these songs came out.
I Wanna Know and Remind Me To Forget on Nova… I really don’t know what to say about these songs being played now? Didn’t both of them come out in May/June last year?

I hate I Wanna Know with a passion because they have played it to death and is still on high rotation. I switch stations every time it comes on. But I actually don’t mind the Kygo song Remind Me To Forget and like hearing it still.

But in general, I hate the way it takes them so long to pick some songs up and then they don’t know when to drop them.

Right now Rita Ora is the Most Played song but that song was big about two months ago. Not now. Others include Marshmello/Bastille Happier, George Ezra Shotgun, Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper Shallow, Post Malone Better Now. They should be played sparingly now.

They should be playing Sam Smith/Normani Dancing with a Stranger, Khalid Better, Hilltop Hoods Leave Me Lonely, 5SOS/Julia Michaels Lie To Me, David Guetta/Bebe Rexza/J Balvin Say My Name, Khalid/Disclosure Talk, Charlie Xcx/Troye Sivan 1999, Lauv/Troye Sivan I’m So Tired.

To celebrate Smooth being number one here is playlist.

Can’t Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake
Hungry Eyes by Eric Carmen
Rule The World by Take That
Three Little Birds by Bob Marley / The Wailers
Xanadu by Olivia Newton-John
One And Only by Adele
What A Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers
Celebration by Kool And The Gang
Let’s Stay Together by Tina Turner
Everything She Wants by Wham!
The Best Things In Life Are Free by Janet Jackson / Luther Vandross
Little Lies by Fleetwood Mac
Hey, Soul Sister by Train
Red Red Wine by Ub40
Chains by Tina Arena
Is This Love by Alison Moyet
Valerie by Mark Ronson / Amy Winehouse
How Do I Live by Leann Rimes
I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder
Dreams by The Cranberries
Raspberry Beret by Prince / The Revolution
Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars
Black Velvet by Alannah Myles
La Isla Bonita by Madonna
I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston

To keep the ratings “cheer” going here is 2CH’s log.

Harry Chapin - Cats in the Cradle
Beatles - With a Little Help From My Friends
Simon & Garfunkel - I Am a Rock
Alicia Bridges - I Love the Nightlife (Disco ‘Round)
Dusty Springfield - Look of Love
B J Thomas - Hooked on a Feeling
Olivia Newton John - A Little More Love
Carole King - Will You Love Me Tomorrow
Temptations - Ain’t Too Proud to Beg
Sam Cooke - Wonderful World
Reo Speedwagon - Can’t Fight This Feeling
Ted Mulry - Falling in Love Again
Gerry & the Pacemakers - Ferry Cross the Mersey
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)
Leo Sayer - Moonlighting
Paul Simon - Kodachrome
Eagles - Desperado
Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
Ringo Starr - Photograph
Dionne Warwick - I’ll Never Love This Way Again
Seals & Crofts - I’ll Play for You
Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)
Kenny Loggins - Celebrate Me Home
K.C. & the Sunshine Band - (Shake Shake Shake) Shake Your Booty
Linda Ronstadt - Ooo Baby Baby
Johnny Preston - Running Bear
Four Tops - I Can’t Help Myself
Marbles - Only One Woman
Del Shannon - Runaway
Elvis Presley - His Latest Flame
Ben E King - Spanish Harlem
Boyce & Hart - I Wonder What She’s Doing Tonight
Mamas & Papas - California Dreamin’
B J Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head
Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes of the Broken Hearted
P J Proby - Hold Me
Association - Cherish
Simon & Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
Cliff Richard - All My Love
Cliff Richard - Do You Want to Dance
Earth Wind and Fire - Fantasy

Obviously both easy listening stations , it would great if they could merge playlists.

Smooth are clearly repositioning into an 80s gold based format to try and block as much of WS and GOLD as they possibly can. Justin Timberlake and Allanah Myles are two examples. They aren’t as comfortable with the 60s and 70s oldies as they were back in the day. 2CH might be getting a bit excited by the prospect of winning those listeners back to AM.

That 2CH playlist is terrific for my music taste.

For me 2CH wins, just the fact it live and local (its not always about the music). the smooth presenters feel fake sometimes. I wish 2CH would play a bit of wider variety of 60s and 70s music. They don’t use the term “easy” anymore. From my posts from “Its time” on the community radio station HHH in Hornsby show, there are some great songs they don’t play from the 60s, 70s and 80s. I don’t expect them to play the heavy medal hits of the 70s but maybe some more obscure hits.

I like the 2CH list but I think they should gradually harden up a bit towards what 4KQ are playing. Maybe not go as classic rock as KQ but a bit more in that direction.

You’re describing 2CA there and yes, I think they should move in that direction too.