Radio Data System (RDS)

RDS has been restored to 92.9 2ABCFM Sydney, not exactly sure when this occurred.

UPDATE: 107.3 2SER RDS now has its RT missing, perhaps this occurred earlier in the week?

3 Likes

Subliminal message in 98.5 Perth PTYN - HiMS.org
The website itself offers nothing but googling Hi MS may be what the station is promoting. Not sure. Any leads any one?

2 Likes

have you considered “Hi MediaSpy.org” ?

3 Likes

I reckon you’re right!
We’re famous!
Hi Sonshine :+1:

4 Likes

Very cheeky if correct! A timely reminder that these forums are public.

3 Likes

Could be something to do with hymns? (hims)
Not sure why someone would go to the trouble of setting up a .org domain just for that?

2 Likes

101.7 ABCFM Southern Downs has now joined its younger sibling and has RDS

Can’t tell if the other FM services have it on or not (other than Triple J) have it or not due to the cochannelled Sunshine Coast stations being too strong

6 Likes

Same here ATM - can change

6 Likes

Gold Coast JJJ on as of about 5 mins ago. Ignore the radio clock it just hadnt set time yet. Time is 6:35pm. Someone tell me if AF is working?

4 Likes

Afaik none of the JJJs around here formally have AF set but as they share the same PI code many radios will automatically shift between them.

I’ll be driving down later this week so will check. I imagine the overlap between 107.7 and 97.7 should mean it switches really well and gives continuous coverage all the way down the M1 past the border.

6 Likes

Hopefully the audio on all of the South QLD Js are all in sync so the AF switching is seamless.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Nice mimicing my own reception

2 Likes

Given the fact they are all usually Sat fed off Optus D3 they should be

5 Likes

From my observation this is correct too Brisbane may be 100ms ahead just though

2 Likes

Checking out the various JJJ signals in SEQ tonight compared to Brisbane 107.7

104.1 Darling Downs ahead
103.3 Southern ahead
99.3 Wide Bay ahead
97.7 Gold Coast behind
89.5 Sunshine in synch with Brisbane

4 Likes

How far behind and ahead are they though? Would most people care if it skipped a bit?

2 Likes

I’ve only checked the 107.7/103.3 switch so far, and while it’s there, it’s so slight you wouldn’t really notice unless you’re really listening closely. In my view, the outcome of having the better reception as you keep driving is a bigger advantage than a slight jump in the audio once or twice as it switches frequency.

4 Likes

Accurate RDS Clock Time appears to be going backwards in Brisbane, an oversight by the techs/management?
Here’s a list:

93.3 SBS: CT Error: -1hr
97.3 KIIS: : -13m19sec - 14/02/2024
104.5 Triple M: CT Error: -1m30s (13th February, 2024 )
106.9 NOVA: CT Error: -1m
107.7 Triple J: CT Error: -4m57s (14th Feb, 2024)

On the positive; 106.9 Nova has now set a correct UTC offset.

2 Likes

In Perth Triple J is currently behind by nearly 12 minutes. I have to switch to another station and wait for a couple of minutes for it to correct, but every time I go to Triple J it changes back. Does anyone ever check these things, that can correct them?

4 Likes