Pure Gold Network

Lame and cheap. Why bother to run such rubbish, audience sees right through it. Insulting.

1 Like

You’re so right about that, but I think people mainly listen to concert after-parties on the radio (in the car on the way home after a concert) for the songs.

2 Likes

Jonesy and Amanda EP for 12 years, Laura Bouchet, has quit WSFM to lead Triple M Sydney’s Moonman in the Morning. You may remember her husband Bruno Bouchet resigned from Kyle & Jackie O on KIIS late last year because he didn’t want to compete against her on the same network.

3 Likes

Not really the story. Bruno and Laura have a young child, they’ve been craving more reasonable hours to be a parent and Casio made a great offer to Bruno. Everyone wins.

Congratulations to Jonesy and Amanda who helped organise the world’s largest Yum Cha gathering at Sydney’s Tumbalong Park on Tuesday. Three teams from this season’s My Kitchen Rules (Ibby and Romel, Josh and Austin, Veronica and Piper) were there too to witness it.

2 Likes

Surely I can’t be the only one here who thinks those WSFM blazers would make for great station merchandise (even if you had to do a toned down version for mass consumption)?! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They look fairly thin, so we’re probably cheap to make. Guessing from Central America. They could sell them at the Easter Show.

2 Likes

They are usually only worn in a formal-ish type setting, so one with radio station logos on it probably isn’t going to appeal to many.

1 Like

Would you wear that down to Woolies to do your weekly shop?

1 Like

Don’t know if I’d go that far, but it’d make for a great novelty item in a showbag or something like most radio station merch IMO!

1 Like

Which ends up as land-fill later that year. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does WSFM and GOLD still play 70’s Music these Days?

Yes, but not as much as they used to. It’s mostly 80s these days, with 90s (inc some 00s) more likely to be heard than 70s.

In fact, Triple M in Sydney & Melbourne are now playing slightly more 70s (with the occasional 60s track) than WS/Gold these days.

2 Likes

WS even play current hits now. Yesterday on my Radio app, when I was changing stations, I noticed WS were playing the latest hit by Lukas Graham at the exact same time as KIIS.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen that on Gold, I wonder if having a bit of new music is part of counter programming 2Day?

1 Like

Yes, as posted in the “Great Songs” thread, they played The Eagles “Heartache Tonight” during last night’s Party Remix, a song that used to be a WS staple, but you don’t hear it much these days.

1 Like

About time, need to add some variety. Hope GOLD follows

Aviation freight worker Peter Logan, who was recently diagnosed with late-stage bowel cancer and has been told he could have just 18 months left to live, was guest presenter on Christian O’Connell breakfast show on Gold yesterday.

2 Likes

The special merch is a nice touch

Pity he was constrained by the format

Just heard a promo for this countdown/competition: ‘playing the songs Huggy first played on XY’ :joy:

4 Likes