Pure Gold Network

That’s rubbish.

We are not really that good.

We don’t want to celebrate mediocrity (well most of us don’t)…

Have you seen ‘I’m a celebrity’?

Surely you’re rational enough to admit… ‘Yes… when it comes to radio, we are not as good as the rest of the world’.

Yes or No?

No. That’s your cultural cringe. You think these Brits can put on better radio shows than Aussie can.

I can’t hear that. Greg Burns has been on Nova for a year and has brought absolutely nothing new or better to that station.

1 Like

Oh Oi Oi Oi…

You obviously subscribe to some Kochie belief that Australians are the greatest radio broadcasters of all time.

Well… good luck to you.

By the way, where will you get your inspiration from? Will it be self-generated or from overseas?

They need to be innovators not imitators.

They don’t have to keep hanging onto the apron strings of Britain or be adopted by an American guardian.

Why do ypu keep beinging Kochie up? You’ve got some sort of issue with the bloke.

So who are the Australians who are radio innovators at the moment?

Just name one. One is fine.

Personally, I wish Christian O’Connell nothing but the best of luck with his new role on Gold 104.3.

Will his breakfast show be successful in the ratings? Only time will tell.

Personally, I think the Sydney market has generated some of the most toxic radio broadcasters of all time…but that’s a long debate for another time and topic.

5 Likes

An hour of LBC each day leaves me much more enlightened, informed and intellectually challenged than a lifetime of Ray Hadley ever will.

1 Like

According to a Radio Today article about Troy Ellis joining Nova, sources are suggesting that Christian O’Connell’s arrival to Gold 104.3 breakfast has been delayed until at least June, due to contractual obligations in the UK.

2 Likes

I wonder what visa Christian O’Connell is coming to Australia on. Radio presenter / disc jockey appears to have dropped off the current list of eligible skilled occupations. It’s not on this list:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

Distinguished Talent. That’s what he told his UK audience when he announced he was coming to Australia.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/858-

1 Like

Thanks.

Distinguished?

Does that “officially” mean that he’s just not as crap as some of our other DJs are? :grin:

And it’s supposed to mean he is well known, but 99.99%+ of the Australian population would never have heard of him.

2 Likes

The exact people commenting here about Christian O’Connell would instead be commenting about how awful a non-local show will be.

Personally, I think a foreigner doing a local show is still less damaging from a PR sense than networking a Sydney show in.

6 Likes

Possibly true. I think a Sydney show would be an unmitigated disaster.

1 Like

Mate! “Then” should be “than”! I try not to be a grammar nazi but it changes the whole meaning of your post.

Oh and “of” should be “have”.

There I’ve said it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

they may as well until he starts now.

Troy Ellis is currently holding the fort.

Isn’t he moving to Nova / smooth? Or am I mixing him up with someone else?